Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
I hope it's the last one for you man! Good luck with everything! Are you getting one of those tricked out prosthesis?

·
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
6,883 Posts
Stay strong Hangster, it's one day at a time but you are healing each day even if it don't feel like it. You should consider giving acupuncture a go or at least do a look-up on phantom pains and acupuncture. It seems people have reported good results with it.

Best of luck and keep us posted

·
Super Moderator
11,622 Posts
I know this is of no consolation to you, but because of what you experienced, I went out and bought me these, even though I couldn't really afford them yet:

I really hope you can get back to 100% without the pain and movement!

·
Super Moderator
11,622 Posts
Nice boots , how much did they set you back?
Sidi Vertigo's, $300. Picked up gloves at the same time. I'm a skinny freak, so if I would have had the coin, I would have gotten the Sidi Vortice's. They tighten up more at the calf (but are $495!!! :surrender:)

·
Premium Member
7,109 Posts
Hangster,

I knew a guy with a prosthetic that raced skinny tire bicycles and kicked ass!

I hope you feel better soon.

·
Super Moderator
11,622 Posts
Thanks guys

Googleit them boots would go great with this bike

OOOH, yes they would!

I plan on having them around when I get my 2012 Aprilia Tuono (it WILL happen some day)...

·
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
6,883 Posts
Sidi Vertigo's, $300. Picked up gloves at the same time. I'm a skinny freak, so if I would have had the coin, I would have gotten the Sidi Vortice's. They tighten up more at the calf (but are $495!!! :surrender:)
Man, I on the other hand have monster calves and wide feet. It's ridiculous that Sidi charges an extra $100 for the Mega Vertigo(wide). For now I have their $150 wide rain boots, but I might splurge sometime in the summer as well.

·
...is a Nihonjin.
1,573 Posts
Hangster, all the best, bro. Please don't take any of the physical therapy lightly!

Man, we're gonna see you riding again, aren't we!

·
E Honda Streetfighter!!
67 Posts
Wow Brother ... I think you have well and truely been through all the shit times that you could possibly have in a lifetime!!

Mathematically speaking you should only have clear sailing for the rest of your life and I pray this is true.

Still not sure why some people have to go through such hell in their lives ???

Get better Buddy

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I know this is of no consolation to you, but because of what you experienced, I went out and bought me these, even though I couldn't really afford them yet:

I really hope you can get back to 100% without the pain and movement!

awesome boot. I love mine. I even got the red heel things just to match.
This boot is very comfortable while riding. Provides great protection. The vent allows plenty of air through. The sole of the boot is a bit stiff to do any kind of prolonged walking in.

did I mention i bought them used once, put back in the box for $120? :whistling:

Photo Apr 07, 2 49 01 PM.jpg

·
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
6,883 Posts
ATGATT!!!! Warning: sorta graphic/nasty

Someone I knew in high school crashed his CBR in California earlier this week. He broke his right leg and had road rash in the common spots. He went in earlier this week to the hospital for an over-nighter. The pic below was today; they either didn't do a good job or totally forgot to clean the wound!!! :eek::twitch: I don't know the details on what they're doing now, surely deep clean that sucker and maybe a regiment of ABX (hopefully not necessary).

If you haven't invested in boots, get your ass some with reinforcements/extra guards over the ankle! I think if you buy gear in stages it should be helmet+jacket+gloves > boots > pants. If you can get it all at once then even better.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,622 Posts
Wow, does that look ever painful. :cower:

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Do you intend to wear those dirtbike boots on the street? I guess that would work.

Hang, I'm going to send you a bunch of positive energy today, so get ready for a boost! Get well, Buddy.

·
Dragon Slayer
1,069 Posts
I hope Hangster is doing better. He hasn't posted in here in awhile.

201 - 220 of 251 Posts