Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all , haven't been around in a while now but , i've crashed my 919 2 weeks ago and been in the hospital since (one more month and i get to go home) ....Got t- boned at an intersection by a lincoln continental , was wearing full body armor and it saved my life , 5 broken ribs, left leg broken in 3 places (thigh bone was outside my leg potruding through draggin jeans) , foot is crushed beiond recognition (will need 3 more surgeries) , left wrist was broken and just had surgery on it 3 days ago and hope it won't need more , bleeding in the brain subsided and the docs gave my a 100% thumbs up on that.

Bike is gone , engine is in 3 different peices (brother took pics for me)

Its going to be long recovery , 6 months to walk again and about a year to fully recover...and yes i will ride again.

I don't have a pc here in the hospital this time one of the nurses was nice and let me use hers so i can check e-mails , so don't be offended if i don't reply for a while .

The driver of the continental ran the red light and there was nothing i could do about it , just saw him out of the corner of my eye just before impact and i remember thinking the word shit , next day (my b-day) i woke up in the trauma unit after emergency surgery , it's been life altering but i'll ride again.

i'll post pics and stuff when i get home

ride safe
:motorcycle:

·
Le So Cal Troll
5,766 Posts
fuck man... im sorry to hear that!

hope you have a speedy recovery!

and hope something is done about the person who ran that red!!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Bad news bro but at least you live to tell the tale, good luck on your recovery...remember one step at a time!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Wow. You took a serious beating from that Continental. Thank God you had your gear.

However long your recovery is, I hope it is a straight-ahead healing and rehab process with no setbacks... with you, your doctors, nurses, friends, and family always keeping everybody's eyes on the prize: going home and getting strong again.

And from the way you wrote that post, I believe you: You WILL ride again!

·
Registered
106 Posts
that sucks i am in the chicagaland area often and there drivers suck it seem every light that turns red atleast 3 more cars go anyways. hope you have a full recovery and they spend more time feeling like sh!t then you do recovering

·
About time I changed this
102 Posts
I wish you a speedy recovery and I'm glad it wasn't any worse!

On another note, this is exactly why I get really pissed when I see people run red's...

On the bright side, maybe the CB1K will be out (and readily available) in the US once you're riding again.

·
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
6,883 Posts
Fuckin hell man, glad to hear you're alive! Didn't really think about it 'til now, but I don't think I'll say another word on all the red-light cameras going up in our state. I hope that driver gets what he deserves but nothing can make up for what's been done to you.

Here's to a speedy and full recovery!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

·
919 aka Hornet 900
998 Posts
Wish you a quick recovery...

I had a bad accident 5 years ago, right leg broken in 7 places, I
was riding again 6 months later...

The worst part is that it's hard to move around on crushes. I use
to take the bus and go places around town. With your left leg
broken you might be able to drive a cage...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Holy shit.

You're alive.

You're in for a long one.

It's going to suck.

It's going to suck more.

Then it's really going to suck.

And then it will get a little better.

Suck.

Better.

Suck.

Better.

Better.

All I'm saying is you've got some suck coming for the future -- understand that and just keep your chin up and work thru it.

All the other shit I'm sure is nagging and crappy and you'll limp and get sore when the weather comes in... but by god, your brain is better.

Be sure to check in here and let us know how you're doing and shoot the shit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank God you geared up.

I see way to many guys riding around with nothing more than jeans and a tee.

Somebody must like you someplace special.

Good luck and all the best.

·
Gran Tirono
630 Posts
Wow dude! Glad to hear you were able to wake up from that one! Hope you have a speedy recovery, and don't lose heart if rehab sucks (it always does!).

·
Super Moderator
1,872 Posts
Jeez hangster, I'm glad you made it through that! Congrats on your recovery thus far. It looks like a lot of work ahead. Keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Hang tough man. Sorry to hear about your accident. Heal up quick and get back on the horse.:scooter:

Oh and get started on the wheelchair mods

1 - 20 of 251 Posts