Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was gettin sidetracked in another thread but it gave me an idea;

Confess you posers...

admit it, there's at least one worthless mod on your bike...

some extra bling, a sticker that's over the top, that painted over cow print, your spare seat covered in shag, your $500 mirrors or $500 rearsets for the streetbike...it's has less than zero performance impact and is there strictly to get attention or for a laugh

no b.s. rationalizations, just tell the truth or suffer the consequences :gun_bandana: :2guns: :gunsmilie: :tank: :eek:

bigdaa...you might want to get us started w/ that electrochromatic vanishing license platerig you have setup :no: :laugh: :smartass:

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Red pinstripes on the wheels make them faster... so does the white lettering I did on the tires. Shut up, I hate you guys.

I have some stickers for bands I like on it, but those don't count... those are all for me. And anything on the plastics was already on there from the guy I bought them from.

The dude that had those plastics actually put a "whoop ass inside" sticker on each side. I tool most of it off so it says "ho ass inside" I'm classy

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
Only two that I can think of.

Shock Racing Fender eliminator (although, I added this so that it would be easier to remove the license plate for track days, thus making me faster)

Broke Ass Racing stickers: My cousin and I are Broke Ass Racing. It is a name that a great friend of ours came up with before he died while on a ride with us.

G

·
I took the stock mirrors which worked very well and went with small barend mirrors which are wide and small. I guess I did it to keep with the looks of all my buddies italian bikes or something. I'm still faster!

·
Il bambino e un cani
3,363 Posts
My 2000 RC is still complete stock except for the Jardine 2-1 (saves 18 pounds off the stock system).
I've even removed passenger pegs and various OEM stickers. Other than that...bone stock.
I'm an all grown up person!
JohnnyB

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts

Hmmm, lets see:
  • 10 spoke "Y" PVM Forged Aluminum Rims
  • PVM Mono block mini-rear caliper w/ bracket
  • KYAR Front mount Radiators
  • 2002 HRC Designed Swingarm w/ Durbahn swingarm Axle sleeve
  • Arrow titatium high mount slip-on exhaust
  • Penske rear 3 way adjustable shock
  • GMD Computrack front forks w/ Titanium Carbon-Nitrite coating,
  • preload spacers, & Racetech Gold valves
  • Armour Bodies bodywork
  • HRC Basic Racer wiring harness
  • Zerogravity Windscreen
  • Vortex clip-ons and Top triple clamp
  • Galfer Wave rotors
  • Galfer Stainless steel brake lines
  • Vesrah Racing Brake Pads
  • OPP Racing carbon fiber front fender
  • Custom carbon fiber battery tray
  • YUASA YTZ7S battery
  • Custom carbon fiber PAIR block off plates
  • Modified 2002 rear subframe (Shortened)
...not finding too many poser items. Wait I know, its painted with spray cans! :punk:

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
Stickers from Wrist Twisters (3, maybe 4, not sure yet), fender elimination (done classy and still conforms to the law though), some items removed or relocated (no gains unless you're counting ounces), a seat cowl (but that shouldn't apply since the RC folk get one stock) and the splitter plastic under the intake will be painted to match the faring so it looks like the Am. Honda race bikes (I defend that though as the folks that like the poserrific stuff won't even notice it).

I know I know, I'm a poser, but at least none of it is gaudy though I think... :confused:

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Evad101 said:
[Hmmm, lets see:
  • 10 spoke "Y" PVM Forged Aluminum Rims
  • PVM Mono block mini-rear caliper w/ bracket
  • KYAR Front mount Radiators
  • 2002 HRC Designed Swingarm w/ Durbahn swingarm Axle sleeve
  • Arrow titatium high mount slip-on exhaust
  • Penske rear 3 way adjustable shock
  • GMD Computrack front forks w/ Titanium Carbon-Nitrite coating,
  • preload spacers, & Racetech Gold valves
  • Armour Bodies bodywork
  • HRC Basic Racer wiring harness
  • Zerogravity Windscreen
  • Vortex clip-ons and Top triple clamp
  • Galfer Wave rotors
  • Galfer Stainless steel brake lines
  • Vesrah Racing Brake Pads
  • OPP Racing carbon fiber front fender
  • Custom carbon fiber battery tray
  • YUASA YTZ7S battery
  • Custom carbon fiber PAIR block off plates
  • Modified 2002 rear subframe (Shortened)
...not finding too many poser items. Wait I know, its painted with spray cans! :punk:

the CF pair covers are pushin the edge...pair covers, ok...but CF? borderline call

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JohnnyB said:
My 2000 RC is still complete stock except for the Jardine 2-1 (saves 18 pounds off the stock system).
I've even removed passenger pegs and various OEM stickers. Other than that...bone stock.
I'm an all grown up person!
JohnnyB
had your bike been completely stock...then you'd have been just a different kind of freak :D

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
ratdog said:
the CF pair covers are pushin the edge...pair covers, ok...but CF? borderline call
Judgement call. :hammer:

Does it help that I actually made them myself? :cool2:

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Evad101 said:
Hmmm, lets see:
[LIST]
[*][COLOR=Black]10 spoke "Y" PVM Forged Aluminum Rims[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black]PVM Mono block mini-rear caliper w/ bracket[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black]KYAR Front mount Radiators[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]2002 HRC Designed Swingarm w/ Durbahn swingarm Axle sleeve[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]Arrow titatium high mount slip-on exhaust[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]Penske rear 3 way adjustable shock[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]GMD Computrack front forks w/ Titanium Carbon-Nitrite coating, [/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]preload spacers, & Racetech Gold valves[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]Armour Bodies bodywork[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]HRC Basic Racer wiring harness[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]Zerogravity Windscreen[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]Vortex clip-ons and Top triple clamp[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]Galfer Wave rotors[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]Galfer Stainless steel brake lines[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]Vesrah Racing Brake Pads[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]OPP Racing carbon fiber front fender[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]Custom carbon fiber battery tray[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]YUASA YTZ7S[/FONT][FONT=arial] battery[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]Custom carbon fiber PAIR block off plates[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=Black][FONT=arial]Modified 2002 rear subframe (Shortened)[/FONT][/COLOR][/LIST]...not finding too many poser items. Wait I know, its painted with spray cans! :punk:[/QUOTE]

You suck.... Gimmie!

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
I've discovered that stickers make good band-aids on a dented tank. Dynojet on one side and CRG on the other. Don't ask how they got there!
Also, I guess the CRG bar end mirrors qualify but they just look sweet on the 919. :001_tt2:

·
Registered
417 Posts
WIM, that is one bad mofo! i like it uhloht.

Evad, that's a wicked ride, but after you pointed out the spray-bomb finish, I was like, wtf? Man, you gotta do that bike some justice and pay for some nice paint! The colors look good but the finish needs work. That thing is really, really nice, and those wheels are []D [] []\/[] []D !!

·
Living the dream
1,246 Posts
First appearance of my bike I admit looks a bit poser. My cousin had a paint shop she ran and I got different body work (to be different for my TL). She did a great job and totally shocked me. I just wanted it blue.

Yosh slips ons and a few other mods that can qualify as weight savings which relates to performance! I have since wised up and wish it was still mostly stock but I still love it and it does get lots of looks. I take her to the track though. She spends more time moving then sitting! Biggest mod is a Bitubo shock.

I am ready for the ripping!

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
MetallicCarrot said:
Evad, that's a wicked ride, but after you pointed out the spray-bomb finish, I was like, wtf? Man, you gotta do that bike some justice and pay for some nice paint! The colors look good but the finish needs work. That thing is really, really nice, and those wheels are []D [] []\/[] []D !!
But its a race bike! And Murphy says as soon as you put a $500 paint job on it, you crash it! :oops:

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Evad101 said:
But its a race bike! And Murphy says as soon as you put a $500 paint job on it, you crash it! :oops:
It's okay. Murphy moved. He is in Canada with Sporty.

And by the way... I thought you ate humble pie - U bloody Show-off you! j/k :p Can I say bloody here ? Uh Oh.. sorry.

I LOVE YOUR BIKE MAN, and YES, I am Green with envy. :punk:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.