Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not talking about riding with your buddies, but everything else from commuting to work or school to running errands to taking care of things- how much do you commute on your motorcycle?

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Generally to and from work and gym. Other then that, It's just out :riding:

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
I only commute a couple of days a year. I end up at jobsites or taking customers places so I need my truck. When I do commute I look forward to the trip home because I usually take the long way.

·
STR-III
4,989 Posts
+1 on the long way home. I commute on mine almost every decent day. I just sit behind a computer all day with no chance of leaving. :D

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I only commute a couple of days a year. I end up at jobsites or taking customers places so I need my truck. When I do commute I look forward to the trip home because I usually take the long way.
+1

·
orange
9,193 Posts
I commute on days when I don't have any business meetings or luncheons, don't enjoy riding in dress clothes and showing up with helmet hair.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
From about April till October usually. Except this years been funny. Seems like we had real mild weather throughout Dec - Feb and then bad weather this spring. Only in Colorado....you can ride the first half the day in sunny 70 degree weather and then shovel snow in the evening.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Fair weather commuter. Temp in the morn above 40 and 30% or less chance of precip.
I commute on days when I don't have any business meetings or luncheons, don't enjoy riding in dress clothes and showing up with helmet hair.
+1

When temps are above 40ish and below 105ish and 20-30% chance of rain or less if I don't need to be dressed up or have to have a passenger seat for something (usually about 3-4 days a week for probably 45 weeks out of the year.)

·
I am BATMAN!!!
4,660 Posts
From about April till October usually. Except this years been funny. Seems like we had real mild weather throughout Dec - Feb and then bad weather this spring. Only in Colorado....you can ride the first half the day in sunny 70 degree weather and then shovel snow in the evening.
That sums up my feelings on this spring too. In the past I've commuted probably 75% of the time on my bike in the summer, not much this spring though. Forecast looks pretty good after today for the next 10 days or so, I should get lots of riding in as the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
everyday!! I work from home if its snowing or icy though but here that doesn't happen very often, 32 miles one way!! always the back way if I get up early enough!! worst part about getting to work is the ride is over :(

·
MAM Customs
736 Posts
Can't ride to work because I work out of my truck.:sad:It's a shame too, since I regularly drive 80+ miles roundtrip. But I do use the bike for everything else remotely practical other than work including near nightly trips to the grocery store because you can't fit enough food in a backpack. Weather (except heavy rain) isn't a factor either for all year riding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts