Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old, Bold rider
2002 Honda 919, 1976 Yamaha XT500 cafe, TC-JAG TZ250
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some of you heard of two shot dead in an Aurora Vape store. As it happens I was in a store about 30 yards from the crime scene when it went down, and while I did not witness it, I did hear two shots that were definitely not your average nine mil handgun. From that distance and coming from inside the Vape store the shots were LOUD! and had a bass note that shook all of the windows in the store. I'm talking at least a 44 magnum, or something more powerful. One witness who did see it but was unfamiliar with firearms called it "A big ass gun." The store manager had all customers go to the stock room until it was clear. Seeing as there were at least twenty police and fire / ambulance personnel there within three minutes it was pretty much safe to come out. It took some hour and a half to get to my car as it was within the taped off "secondary scene".
A link to the news report: Shooting
No further comment.

Rob (Still vertical)

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,774 Posts
Close is right, Rob. Too close. I'm glad that you, as you say are still vertical! It's a rarity that such calibers are used in the commission of crimes. However, you are talking about Colorado where big guns are common. "A big ass gun" we know by the witness description but we don't know if it's an auto or a revolver. Rounds that are more powerful than a .44 Remington Magnum and would be found in the back country would include the .50 AE (Desert Eagle), .480 Ruger, .454 Casull, .460 and .500 S&W's. The article doesn't say who the deceased were nor who the shooters were. There is no distinction. I suspect that it was a robbery gone wrong and that the perps were on the receiving end of large format projectiles traveling at BIG velocities by the description you provide for the report. The firearms that shoot the rounds I describe above are large and heavy and I suspect in a situation like this where there are so many unknowns the pistol/revolver might be kept stationary and hidden (like under a counter) ready to be used in emergency. I fire the last three calibers on the list and the .44 Magnum and can tell you through intimate experience that when you hear them at a distance of 30-50 feet at the range, you will never mistake them for anything else. They are absolutely thunderously ear shattering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts