Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Keep the chainguard, or lose it.

• Safety first, keep it.

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Throw that crap in the garbage, weight savings man!

Votes: 2 11.1%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I keep catching flak from my cousin, because I refuse to remove the chainguard from my RR. I haven't removed it cuz' I just don't see any possible upside. The weight is minimal to none, and it keeps crap from flying up on my pants/leathers. So, i'm curious how many of you have removed yours, or if you have left it alone.:rockon:

G

·
It's all up to you. You'd have to be wearing some pretty long pants for them to get caught up. Aside from that you shouldn't have too much crap flying around if you lube the chain right.

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not really harsh, I just always have to hear his mouth when we ride. I was looking for other opinions. I use Bel-Ray Chain wax after warming it up, and once it soaks in, it doesn't sling too much. It only slings a little right after I clean it and do a post-wash, pre-wax drying run. Or if I get caught in inclement weather.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
I'm thinking that removing your chain guard should be in the Poser thread. I bet his mind set is that it looks cooler.

·
Registered
858 Posts
ragdoll said:
I'm thinking that removing your chain guard should be in the Poser thread. I bet his mind set is that it looks cooler.
I see no benefit other than trying to be a poser. How many CF stickers does he have on his bike?

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
I say take it off, add a banana seat, cloth pin some playing cards in the spokes, add a little basket in the front and some sparkly tassels on the bar ends and you'll be the talk of the neighborhood!

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
dadogs said:
I say take it off, add a banana seat, cloth pin some playing cards in the spokes, add a little basket in the front and some sparkly tassels on the bar ends and you'll be the talk of the neighborhood!
Neat!!!!!!!!

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dadogs said:
But then my 600RR would closely resemble a 919 right? I'll keep it after that visual.:punk:

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
600RidgeRunner said:
But then my 600RR would closely resemble a 919 right? I'll keep it after that visual.:punk:

Touche!:rockon:

G

·
Just woundering why doing something to your bike to make it look cooler now makes you a poser?

Everyone here is a poser than!

Flush mount turn signals?
Undertail?
Pin Stripe?
Tinted wind screen?
Stickers?

Now there are people who are OBVIOUSE poser but I think people who are quick to call other people posers for trying to make there bike look nice are trying to make up for there own inadiquises (sp?)

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
RydTheSlyd said:
Just woundering why doing something to your bike to make it look cooler now makes you a poser?

Undertail?
Pin Stripe?
Tinted wind screen?
Stickers?

Now there are people who are OBVIOUSE poser but I think people who are quick to call other people posers for trying to make there bike look nice are trying to make up for there own inadiquises (sp?)

It's already been established that pin stripes make you faster...

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
ragdoll said:
It's already been established that pin stripes make you faster...

So do yellow thongs and side cars

·
Registered
832 Posts

Undertail?
Pin Stripe?
Tinted wind screen?
Stickers?
I'm not! I may have a tinted windscreen but I had to buy Double Bubble screen to allow me to see the top of my tach (tall guy with a low stock screen)

Oh and undertail exhaust is factory!

G

·
turn_1 said:
I'm not! I may have a tinted windscreen but I had to buy Double Bubble screen to allow me to see the top of my tach (tall guy with a low stock screen)

Oh and undertail exhaust is factory!

Well you ride a kawi so your an automatic poser!!!:stir: :oops: did I say that J/K

And you Hugger isnt stock!!!?
And your rotors are Made to look like wave rotors, Poser????

we all like to have the best looking bike and there is always someone faster who can call you a poser!!

I say if you like the look of your chain guard keep it,, if not rip it off! do what makes you happy beside you are the one riding the bike not the rest of these knuckel heads!!

And this thing about lean to the side of safty.... Come on we ride 1000cc sportbikes on the street and talk about ripping up the twisties im sure we all do it under the speed limit and in a very safe manner.!!!..RIGHT???

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
Face it. Removing the chain guard is like saying

"Hey, look at me. I suck dick":2guns:

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bigdaa said:
Face it. Removing the chain guard is like saying

"Hey, look at me. I suck dick":2guns:
Haha, but that's not me in the losing weight pic. I thought that was CBRXX? So you're sayin' that his chainguard MUST be removed, right?

·
Registered
858 Posts
I just don't see how removing the chain guard makes the bike look cooler? Adding stickers to gain HP makes total sense.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
How does removing the chain guard save weight?? The damn things barely weigh anything!
And have you ever seen how much damage a chain does when it comes off and there is no chain guard? Not worth it!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.