Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!!!
I've been lurking here for ever and it's about time I exit the shadows. I hope to give more than I've taken out of this forum, save some headaches for other riders/tinkerers like me, and make friends with as many as possible.
Software developer by trade, biker/mechanic at heart...
I love to tinker with my cb900 and current project is to integrate parts from cbr954 and cb1000r on my bike and hopefully make a beast out of it.
Any questions on my setup are more than welcome.
Adding some pics before the operation...

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'll ask the question that everyone here wants to know (USD forks on a 919!):
What make(s)/model(s)/year(s) parts to put that front end together?
:ROFLMAO:I was wondering what the first question would be. Either the usd forks or the 954 parts...
Well that's the "relatively" easy one. That's the complete front end of a cb1000r minus the wheel.
Top clamp, triple tree, forks, fender, radial calipers and disk brakes. I just fabricated new wheel spacers to center the wheel and everything else just fell into place. The wheel axle is from the 919.
I'm currently (as in right now:p) trying to fit the rest of the cb1000r front end parts headlight and instrument cluster.
Here's a glimpse...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope everyone has checked out fork lengths and triple clamp offsets, so they know what the resultant front ride height and geometry will be like as compared to stock.
You are absolutely right! And yes they are (according to my measurements that are conveniently lost since this was done ~4 years back :p). The only mod done is the turn stopper at the triple tree has to be extended backwards by about 3mm on each side so as the handlebars don't kiss the tank and leave a hickey. But that's relevant to each ones selection of bars as well...

·
Wrenchin
40 Posts
AHA,
What was the length from top to center of axle on the CB1000R forks? When I was looking into this I couldn't find the length anywhere. I would like to add it into the spreadsheet for fork conversions. Thanks!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts