Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know that we have been through this quiet a few times before but I didn't care before because it wasn't me with the problem, but now I am. :p

Anyways, I don't know why, how or what is happening around my neighborhood but I have seen more cats than ever before and the phockers have decided to make my house their own playground... or so it seems

Now, I may be able to get out of jail by killing a human being but God forbid I harm an innocent cat... I'll be one screwed :alucard:

But I digress... what (if anything) I can do to make them go away w/o harming them, moving out of my house or breaking the piggy bank to acquire a positive solution to my problem? :confused1: :confused1:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Adopt a dog from the local kennel. When the cats are gone, sell dog to the Korean restraunt down the street. Positive cash flow, and you give the dog a purpose. Win. Win.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/Professional-Trapper/city/FL-Miami.htm

If you need assistance with a domestic animal, such as a dog or a cat, you need to call your local Miami-Dade county animal services for assistance. They can help you out with issues such as stray dogs, stray cats, spay & neuter programs, vaccinations, licenses, pet adoption, lost pets, and more. No county in Florida will assist with wildlife control situations, and there is no free Miami animal control services for wildlife.
Miami-Dade County Animal Services: (305) 884-1101

·
Registered
354 Posts
Buy a small animal trap from Lowes, insert 1 can moist cat food. In the morning, take trap to local humane society for deposit of offending piece of **** cat. Repeat as necessary. When cat food stops working try McDonalds hamburgers, and then finally cat nip. Problem solved. Cats & the people who release them onto the community absolutely SUCK.:devil:

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
:taz: OH OH OH! Can I answer this one? Wait.........you said without harming the cat.........never mind:whistling:

·
Registered
832 Posts
In wisconsin we tried passing a law that one could shoot ferrel cats as they carry disease...it didnt make it through...too many cat huggers out there. Too bad....

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,705 Posts
I like cats but appreciate other opinions. So that in mind, fuk all you scab nibbling cat haters.:nuke:

Listen up now, I put up with other cats making trouble in my yard, and I can blow their ass away with you name it caliber. However, even I have to give the critters benefit of the doubt. Ferrel cats are tough ones. The dog trick sounds like a very valid approach. Especially when you get a dog you really like like one of those little Jack Russel Terriers. The liquid fence idea sounds real cool. The trap is plenty of work, but hey, it would work, too.
Now if anyone out there gets pissed and blows the kitty away, I say you must eat and enjoy the cat, or stuff everyone of them like big game, after eating all the meat first. That's win win isn't it?

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
h ryder, I think I will go with that, I think is the cheapest way to go about it.

Kevin, I hear what you're saying but unfortunately, Miami is a different world when it comes to getting this lazy ass bastards to come to your house. Even if they do come (once), there's a serious infestation (sp?) of cats right now that removing one of them would not do anything :D

I thought about getting myself a pellet gun but I know that that will definately don't work because someone will call the police on me and I don't want that headache. I wish they make Co2 water guns... now, that would be awesome! :D

the dog is not a very good idea because I can barely educate my kids, let alone a dog and it will probably cost me more on Vet's bills than my kids do.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,705 Posts
turn_1 said:
Except you would end up with some disease like....bird flu
Ya, but you'll have that crap long before that with your parrot, or cokateel or finch or parakeet...or that Pollo Loco takeout you had last night. So what:sleep1:

I thought about getting myself a pellet gun but I know that that will definately don't work because someone will call the police on me and I don't want that headache. I wish they make Co2 water guns... now, that would be awesome!

The water gun is a very very good idea. But load it with a dillution of amonia and water. Get one of those water cannons all the kids have. The ones that shoot 40 feet. Make sure your kids know that the one you use for the cats is daddy's. You'll train em good with that, and have a ton of fun, too!

Note: I try never letting my emotions keep me from being practical.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ya, but you'll have that crap long before that with your parrot, or cokateel or finch or parakeet...or that Pollo Loco takeout you had last night. So what
Ok whatever, I dont have any pets (waste of money) but I hate cats and if it was me I would :2guns: (not to mention my wife is allergic to the disease ridden flea bags)

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
Cats are good......if cooked slowly with a slight butter baste.
Hard to catch though, my dog runs them off.
:chef:

G

·
The only way to get rid of the "self propelled targets" is to eradicate them all or in six months the problem will be back. Or sooner if the mama has the kittens under your house. Do you have a local Humane Society? Here they will give you traps and if you catch one they will come pick it up and exchange an emprty one. They can't resist tuna. Otherwise, cats are stuborn brain stupid and won't learn to stay out of your yard, they will just learn to avoid you.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One of my Idiot neighboords had the audicity (sp?) of trying to come up to my face to ask why I had ran the cats away from my front yard and my only response was... Oh, I am sorry, my wife didn't tell me you had left a check here so I could paid for my truck's hood! :huh: :cursing:

Suffice to say (maybe I look like a man when I'm angry), he just turned around and walked away.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
RC90; Had a problem w/ neighbors cat leaving :poo: under the deck & my bitch would eat 'em... talk about doggy breath :tooth:
Anyhoo... heard about this guy, threw a couple orange peels under deck & seemed to work.
Now bitch goes & eats all the rabbit pellets :pinch:

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One down... plenty more to go! :D

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
My solution was to trap the mother cat and get her fixed. The local vets.around here will do the procedure almost free of charge. I then found homes for all of the kittens except this one. For a animal that was born in the wild, she turned out to be the most sweetest cat I have ever owned. Maybe "owned" is not the proper word, sometimes I think these fur balls own us!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts