Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my bike with these things bolted to each side and can't figure out what they're for. Doesn't look like frame sliders would fit in/on them. Can anyone identify what these are and what they're for?

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Wanna free cat?
1,108 Posts
Looks like a set of frame sliders. They're in the right spot, too. Someone had access to a lathe/ mill, is my guess. Aluminum?
Looks good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are aluminum, but if they are frame sliders, they are the strangest frame sliders I've seen. I thought maybe some type of attachment for an engine guard, but I can't find anything resembling this.

·
Wanna free cat?
1,108 Posts
They are aluminum, but if they are frame sliders, they are the strangest frame sliders I've seen. I thought maybe some type of attachment for an engine guard, but I can't find anything resembling this.
I've never seen anything like them, but what other purpose would they serve? Mebbe those cross-plane holes are deer whistles.... :whistle:
They look good, to me.
I'd roll with em. Dunno if any more frame sliders are currently available for the 919. Love the one you're with, imo.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought my bike with these things bolted to each side and can't figure out what they're for. Doesn't look like frame sliders would fit in/on them. Can anyone identify what these are and what they're for?

View attachment 158653 View attachment 158654
Hello,

Yes, they are the original Honda Access Engine Guard for the CB919. P/N: 08P53-MEJ-800A & 08P53-MCZ-800A. The first part number is for CB1300, it includes more hardware, you can discard that hardware and use the rest to fit your CB900.

Household hardware Gas Metal Auto part Wood

Household hardware Auto part Metal Machine Composite material

Material property Household hardware Gas Cylinder Nickel

Cylinder Nickel Bathroom accessory Household hardware Auto part

·
Wanna free cat?
1,108 Posts
Are both sides the same length?
Is the frame on Euro bikes factory-threaded to accommodate?
curiouser and curiouser

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello rufftup. Yes, both sides are the same lenght. Also, Honda (Canadian and American) did not offer that accessory in their catalogue. It was available in Europe and Australia only. I got mine from David Spare Parts in the UK when I bought my bike back in 2007.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Outstanding and impressive you knew about this. It's a neat setup, replaceable sliders without unbolting from the frame. I can see using this setup if I were doing track time but that's not my thing besides, that is a bit much for frame sliders. But I'll keep them on and use them to clamp my GoPro for the super-sexy tire-meets-road footage.

And for rufftup, I am planning an oil change but time and it's darn hot outside is a factor in my procrastination. K&N Filter with Valvoline motorcycle full synthetic oil should do the trick.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is the frame on Euro bikes factory-threaded to accommodate?
curiouser and curiouser
No, the frame need to be tap. If I remember well it was 10mm x 1.25. Everything was explained in the instructions manual (the drilling, tapping, etc..)

·
Wanna free cat?
1,108 Posts
Hello rufftup. Yes, both sides are the same length. Also, Honda (Canadian and American) did not offer that accessory in their catalogue. It was available in Europe and Australia only. I got mine from David Spare Parts in the UK when I bought my bike back in 2007.
Odd. The alternator cover has more projection from the bike than the clutch basket. The Motovation sliders measure 3 1/2" on the right, while the left measures 4 1/4".
You currently have these Euro sliders on your bike??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Odd. The alternator cover has more projection from the bike than the clutch basket. The Motovation sliders measure 3 1/2" on the right, while the left measures 4 1/4".
You currently have these Euro sliders on your bike??
Yes, here are the details:

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive design

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

·
Wanna free cat?
1,108 Posts
I bought my bike with these things bolted to each side and can't figure out what they're for.
With the lack of availability for other slider options, I'd prolly plunk down for the full set. $250 sounds like a lot, but it could get waay more expensive if the bike went down. I'd rank sliders as neck-in-neck with a center stand on the list of must-haves. Those pucks would get a coat of black paint, however.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts