Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bacon-powered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Almost makes me want to put my clothes back on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wouldn't want to do any touring on that - but I have to admit, that is one sexy bike!

I had to take a couple of double-takes before it registered that that was a Ducati. Don't think I have ever seen one in that color scheme before - like it a lot better than any of the other Ducati's I have seen.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I've never ridden one, so I can't add much other than LDH seems to think a lot of them.

I don't think it looks any better than anything elce on the road. If it wasn't for that red track stand, you'd think that pic was a black and white. Matt grey is about as awful as awful gets.

I'll try a nice used Ducati as soon as the engines have cam chains and shim on bucket. Until then, you can have them.

Sunday afternoon, I was at the World Famous Store in Sulfur Indiana dining in the Patio when the Louisville Ducatistas rolled onto the East Pavillion (gravel parking lot to the side) About the time I was finished with my chicken, they were getting ready to bolt. I asked if I could tag along, I'd stay in back and mind my manners. They seemed like a good, friendly bunch of guys, about 7 of them. They ride a good pace. The guy I was behind was starting to fall back and I wanted to ride with the main group. I passed him just after a fairly sharp right hander, up a hill. I'm pretty sure he didn't see me coming, and it took every ounce of energy that little 599 had. I soon caught up with the main group, he disappeared in the rear view. But when we got to the edge of a town where the 40 mph starts, and everybody was cooling it, he caught up and passed me back. I thought that was funny.

They look horribly uncomfortable. Those guys were all hunched over on their hands. Big engines, Ohlins sticker and all, they didn't get down the road any better than anything elce. I think people buy Ducatis because they got bored with Jap stuff.

·
Registered
43 Posts
a friend of mine had one for a week. I took a brief ride on it and felt like riding one of those old metal rail snow sleds. A tree fell on his shed smashing it to bits during a storm and insurance bought him a new yamaha r1. (the same bike he traded in on the duc)

·
STR-III
4,989 Posts
I've never ridden one, so I can't add much other than LDH seems to think a lot of them.

I don't think it looks any better than anything elce on the road. If it wasn't for that red track stand, you'd think that pic was a black and white. Matt grey is about as awful as awful gets.

I'll try a nice used Ducati as soon as the engines have cam chains and shim on bucket. Until then, you can have them.

Sunday afternoon, I was at the World Famous Store in Sulfur Indiana dining in the Patio when the Louisville Ducatistas rolled onto the East Pavillion (gravel parking lot to the side) About the time I was finished with my chicken, they were getting ready to bolt. I asked if I could tag along, I'd stay in back and mind my manners. They seemed like a good, friendly bunch of guys, about 7 of them. They ride a good pace. The guy I was behind was starting to fall back and I wanted to ride with the main group. I passed him just after a fairly sharp right hander, up a hill. I'm pretty sure he didn't see me coming, and it took every ounce of energy that little 599 had. I soon caught up with the main group, he disappeared in the rear view. But when we got to the edge of a town where the 40 mph starts, and everybody was cooling it, he caught up and passed me back. I thought that was funny.

They look horribly uncomfortable. Those guys were all hunched over on their hands. Big engines, Ohlins sticker and all, they didn't get down the road any better than anything elce. I think people buy Ducatis because they got bored with Jap stuff.
Nice.

I've seen the Louisville Ducati crowd as far West as Cannelton.

·
Le So Cal Troll
5,766 Posts
i have seen a coupla 848's out on the road... they look HORRIDLY uncomfortable to ride.... looks like your knees are touching your chest and are reaching for the front tip of the tire.

Dont like the look of the back either.... it slopes up WAY to much for my tastes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts