Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Round and round and debate after debate with anyone and everyone who might possibly have an opinion and finally I told everyone to pound sand and bought what I wanted.

American Built with the best reputation in the business? OR
Swedish engineering and rock solid?

Which way to go?

<wait for it>

Did I go green or orange?

<wait for it>

I went Orange!

picture is not the exact same model. just the best picture i could find of a similar model, mine is better than this one. :D

Also got the dethatcher tines attachment and a 25' tow chain to help pull out old fencing, fallen tree debris and various things around the property.

I tried to buy a John Deere but after trying and failing to get 3 of them started my scepticism got the best of me and I went with the Husqvarna that started and ran perfectly the first time. Now I can actually get some work done this weekend.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, and the best part... it's a vtwin. :D

after break-in I should do some porting & polishing, custom exhaust, mill the head, switch to synthetic oil and run race fuel.

where's the flapper on this thing?

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Congrats! And BTW you can't go wrong with a Husky.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
HOLD THE PHONE!!!!!!!!

I have a HUSKY.. not that model though... and it has a BRIGGS VTWIN! Actually it has its second VTWIN!

After my first season with it, I started cutting this summer and about 4 cuts into the season, I blow a seal on a valve somewhere... huge white clouds of smoke came billowing out of her!

My neighbor who works for Briggs comes over and says, "I told you to get the Kohler engine!"

Long story short I talked my way into a Kohler replacement engine rather than the Briggs. Neighbor said since they moved production down south - Georgia? maybe? Anyway, since then, they have been having all kinds of problems with the twins!

Becareful... and get the extended warranty!

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe in a couple of years when the workshop is built I'll undertake the project of a homebuilt cobbled together frankenstein machine that's street legal nowhere and scary as hell to pilot.

midwest - good advice on the extended warranty. over three months of research has led me to know a few things. Briggs & Stratton engines fail. Kohler engines fail. Husqvarna's break. John Deere's break. Recommended service intervals should be divided by 2. Everything you can buy has broken while someone has owned it and having an extended warranty is the second best insurance you can have next to meticulous maintenance.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Kohler engines do not fail.... who told you that dribble!

Oh but both are made in Wisconsin... or used to be...

I am hoping this puppy stays strong... my maintenance is always meticulous... After last night my wife can attest to that!

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
Jetblast.....my mechanic swears by the Kohler "air-cooled specific" oil.

I have a lot of air-cooled motors in my fleet, many of which go un-maintained for long stretches on hot summer days.......he uses it in all makes and models, and really likes it. Costs about the same as others, I believe.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts