Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
I cruise my ZX10R. I even cruise my KLR650., but I bet this doesn't help.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
We haven't had any publicity to the other congregations of riders so they don't know the site exists. Maybe with bikeweek the marketing opportunities might increase.

·
Registered
465 Posts
There's nothing wrong with crusiers..I don't discriminate..if you are on 2 wheels you are cool with me :D

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Under certain circumstances I could see riding a cruiser. If I lived in a area of this country where the roads are flat and straight it makes no sense to own a sport bike. If a track was near by I would have a "track only" bike.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Under certain circumstances I could see riding a cruiser. If I lived in a area of this country where the roads are flat and straight it makes no sense to own a sport bike.
I guess I dont need one...all the roads around here suck. I have to drive about and hour to find curvy roads.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
I've had one particular cruiser in mind for later on in life. A Victory Vegas, baby!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I threw a leg over a vmax the other day - good grief - that thing had some snarl. In a straight line I suddenly found myself passing other bikes like they were standing still ...... on the corners though it was a different story.
If I ever looked twice at anything but hornets a vmax might get a look in

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just bought the wife a Suzuki S40 (single cylinder 650cc) and have to tell ya it is fun to ride around town. At 350 lbs it gets up and scoots pretty good.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
I've owned cruisers, crotch rockets, standards, enduro's, an MX bikes. They all have their places and enjoyment factors. I'm sure at some point and time I will add another cruiser to the stable as well.

I'm sure there are a couple people in here with a cruiser or 2 in the garage.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My one roomate has a vtx1800 and the other has a warrior parked right next to my 919. Don't knock it till you try it! I would never have either as my primary bike, but it definitely has its place. We go on long trips together alot and trade up all the time. I need the twisties, but there are times where just cruisin around town or out in the country is just what the doctor ordered. I've got my eye on a Victory for when I graduate. Not selling the 9, EVER!! BTW, these guys don't ride cruisers like you would think. They have so much done to the handling and engine, etc. It would scare the crap out of you if you saw what they are actually capable of in the twisties with the right rider. The pegs on the VTX are sawed in half diagonally from dragging. He is always trying to stay with me. Obviously not possible, but he is closer than you might think. I have been trying to get them to join this site, but there is no cruiser support here. It's still better than the cruiser site. None of them ride hard. One of them bought a track bike so you will see him soon. Ok, enough babbling...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Dad Has A Road Star 1700 (05) And I Ride It Sometimes And I Like To Ride It. It's A Change Than Riding The 919,but I Would Never Give Up My 919 For A Cruiser.... Unless It Was Free!!!!!

·
Unbannable
3,184 Posts
I like the Shadow 750 and the Yamaha Warrior. I think if I got a second bike it would be a Thruxton or a Scrambler because they have a different kind of cool. The new V-max is very tempting as well, but right now I don't have enough money for anything.

I find my 919 to be the best all around bike, which is why I got it.

I've noticed something interesting though. On my 919 Harleys try to race me. On my Ninja after 20,000 miles not one HD tried to race me. Weird hu?

·
Community Admin
4,396 Posts
I rode a Magna for a couple of seasons. Heck of a nice bike. Pulls like a champ. It's the cruiser riding position I couldn't deal with -- feet forward on pegs or floorboards makes it near impossible to get some weight off your hind end on long rides. Some people do it and love it. More power to 'em.

When the day comes that I can justify two in the stable, the other would likely be a Victory or a Street Rod for around town rides and poker runs.

·
Registered
227 Posts
When the day comes where I can afford more than one bike, I would seriously consider a full blown touring rig or cruiser. However, since my bank account only has room for one, it'll have to be something a little more versatile, such as my 919. :)

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
It's the cruiser riding position I couldn't deal with -- feet forward on pegs or floorboards makes it near impossible to get some weight off your hind end on long rides.
Exactly why I got rid of the V-star in the first place. I will always ride a standard bike, if not the 9er, then something similar.

·
Who has to know?
68 Posts
I started out on an '04 V-Star 650, still own it. It's not quick (which doesn't bother me), but I like everything else about it. Cruisers aren't boring! I do however dislike windscreens, saddlebags, crash bars, and sissy bars. They all take away from the look, I added personal touches of my own to my bike.

I'm looking to get on a standard and see how I like it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.