Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

McTavish
Yeah I was into the XRS900 until I read what LDH said in this thread.
It was the man bun comment that did it for me.
At this point I鈥檓 interested in either the new CB1000 or the Z900.
That sure was a crushing condemnation!
I loved the bit about the man bun and the Pabst beer!

Left of Centre
Yeah I was into the XRS900 until I read what LDH said in this thread.
It was the man bun comment that did it for me.
At this point I鈥檓 interested in either the new CB1000 or the Z900.
I'd still like to try that new Yamaha motor - maybe in the touring version -

Registered
2007 purchased in July
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don鈥檛 have great internet on my vacation this week but I鈥檓 going to look at all of these. I鈥檓 not sure what it is with the 919 but first look at the pictures of these bikes just don鈥檛 make me want one like the 919 does.

Registered
2007 purchased in July
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far the z900rs is the only thing is see other than the 919 that I'd want right now. That is strictly based on looks and styling. Also since I had a nighthawk in the 80's the in-line 4 just always seems right to me. No v-twin or 3 cylinder.

Registered
Good luck finding an XSR. Only dealers who sold x amount received any this year.

Administrator
CB1000R the obvious choice as it is also the direct successor to the 919

Z1000 These are just fun. They are faster than the 919, yet lack the tractor like torque that makes the 919 so easy to ride

Z900RS. A not so modern take on the UJM and we sell a full array of Ohlins Shocks and Cartridge Kits for it, but make no mistake these things are more like a vintage bike than many would be comfortable with.

The new MT-09 is a friggin blast to ride. I have not been able to ride the XSR version, but I would definitely consider adding one to my stable...

The SV650 has it's place too, but should NEVER be considered in the same sentence as a 919. They are polar opposites in most regards.

Semi-professional MoRider
I personally like the z900 anniversary edition in firecracker red; the 900rs seems just a bit too intentionally retro.

The cb1000r would be the next best thing naturally- or is it too Honda-esque borderline boring but actually a good bike?

I sat on one and rode with someone else on it. I think it feels tiny somehow. It goes for sure but never more than what you expect.

Agree on the comments re sv650. I had one it was good fun but as a 6ft2 guy it was just too small and one class lower.

I want that z so bad but wouldnt sell the 919. 3 bikes in the garage.. maybe.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts