Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gorgeous day here in Syracuse and I got a notification early that my Delkevic 8" slip ons would be arriving. I also surprisingly received my PAIRS block off plates. So this is what I did today. Note my bike is bone stock with 5,200 miles on it!! Made everything a BREEEZEEEEEEE.

Delkevic Slip-ons brand new.
Renthal Ultra Lows in dark graphite.
Bar end mirrors (Amazon deal, we'll see how they hold up)
Fender eliminator kit (from bikelitez.com) (might remove LEDs and do integrated turn signals in the tail, we will see)
Driven Racing block off plates (from Revzilla) and removed valve and hoses.
Flapper mod.

Everything was pretty simple. Just took my time. Used 2 4x4s to wedge the frame and wheel to get out the shock.

Did I mention it only has 5,200 miles! Every bolt was smooth. Even the exhaust came apart nicely.

Still to come:
Puig Raptor windshield (in the mail)
Sleeker front turn signals (maybe the Ducati route I saw on here)
Heated grips
Probably a power commander because she is definitely running rich and i can tell its a little choppier.

Just waiting on the DMV to approve my registration and get me a plate because in my county it must be done online thanks to Covid.

Also these Delkevic slip ons sound so good. I did remove the baffles. Didn't even bother seeing what it sounds like with them in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
919 Rider
2,718 Posts
Awesome!
And a power commander did wonders for my bike, highly recommended.
I’m slightly envious of your bikes mileage.

·
Registered
269 Posts
So I'm about to order those same block off plates, but they don't specify if bolts are included or if they are designed to work with the stock hardware. Any insight?

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's so awesome! Exactly what I've got on the lineup for my bike next week. When you say "Airbox cap" do you mean you are able to remove the flapper vacuum line all the way up and cap it off? Baffles out FTW!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I'm about to order those same block off plates, but they don't specify if bolts are included or if they are designed to work with the stock hardware. Any insight?
They use the oem bolts. They only come with a cap for the big hose opening under the tank and the plates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's so awesome! Exactly what I've got on the lineup for my bike next week. When you say "Airbox cap" do you mean you are able to remove the flapper vacuum line all the way up and cap it off? Baffles out FTW!
No I just plugged the flapper line with a screw. The PAIRS valve has a hose that runs towards the back of the bike under the tank. That's what the cap with the block off plates is for

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sounds great! I like those bar end mirrors a lot too.

PCIII and Yoshi maps are working perfectly for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds great! I like those bar end mirrors a lot too.

PCIII and Yoshi maps are working perfectly for me.
Yeah I'm sure the power commander is next up. Debating on getting the III or the V though. Assuming the V is just a newer version.

Also got my adjustable shorty levers from madhornets.com so I'll be installing them shortly!

·
Registered
2003 CB919 Hornet
22 Posts
Hey another 919 newbie👍🏻 And off to a great start!
I just got mine back in Feb but with way more mileage than yours lol, great find!

I got the flapper mod and block off mod lined up as well and a PCV in the near future.

I just installed the healtech gear indicator and woodcraft 3” riser clip ons and loving it. Still more to do.

lets show everyone that these Hornets never get old, the mature beautifully👌🏽

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Installed the Shorty levers just now. Took all of 15 minutes lol. Clean it up so much and love how they feel. Ordered these off madhornets.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts