Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone go to Indy, or have any pics or feedback on the new helmet from Bell?

Apex, carbon comp shell, all new supposed to be top of the line etc.

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Launched at the Indy show, they were super tight with details. Wouldn't let the reps see or say much other than it was the next big thing. I've been offered one, but if it's not a helmet I'd pay for then I won't take a freebie.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
Danke said:
Launched at the Indy show, they were super tight with details. Wouldn't let the reps see or say much other than it was the next big thing. I've been offered one, but if it's not a helmet I'd pay for then I won't take a freebie.
You'd probably take a free BJ from a college coed wearing one of those new lids. Probably.....

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bigdaa said:
You'd probably take a free BJ from a college coed wearing one of those new lids. Probably.....
Not even if it was virtual and I had one of those Bell firesuits on!

Have you seen their line lately? They concentrate on German army style beanies for cruiser riders in a variety of trendy colours. I'm having a hard time beliving they could pull a modern lid out of their asses.

The local rep for Bell used to work at the same place as I do so that's where the offer surfaced, I'm guessing they want to gain some exposure. Right now I'm a solid Arai wearer (and I get a special deal on those) so I don't want to take something I'd never use. I work in the bicycle biz so all the folks at the MC parts places come looking for deals on bikes. I get contra deals on parts and gear as a result.

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From doing some digging on my own it looks like there is or was a Scandinavian helmet Co. called Apex. Maybe bought up by Bell, and canabalized? They bought up Giro in the bike helmet world, but kept them alive as a competitor.

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Of course the "guy I know" is gone now. It's all a bit overwrought for me. $200.00+

I'm waiting for a Matsudo Cobra myself.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow, doesn't Bell sell helmets at Wal Mart?

When Snell 2005 came out the ONLY helmet to pass was Shoeis line of RF-1000 and X-11!! Everyone else had to modify their helmets

Wy trust some base bargain helmet to your life, get what works and is tried and true. Shoei, Arai, AGV, SHark, Nolan, KBC. I prefer those helmets and YES I have worn ALL of them at one time. I prefer the Shoei and AGV line. But just my .02 cents.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
envirocbr said:
and YES I have worn ALL of them at one time.
How did you manage to put them all on at the same time?:eek:hmy:

Oh yea and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
233 Posts
LOL, okay Sounded funny, I just had alot of money and was a kid so I bought more helmets and then I sold them until I fell in love with my Shoei

1 - 11 of 11 Posts