Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
919 Rider
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2002 CB900 hornet used to be fire engine red and the 2019 DRz400e used to be banana yellow. Stock colour for both bikes in Australia. Both shit IMO. So I made them black.

In the future I could be tempted by silver or maybe a burnt metallic orange. Matt black engines.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Banana yellow has to go, I'm not a fan either.

Wow! What kind of prep/paint on the black? Super clean matte finish. Of course, love the 919 Sato rearsets too. Your 919 chains looks clean enough to serve a 3 course meal on top of it.

·
919 Rider
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Banana yellow has to go, I'm not a fan either.

Wow! What kind of prep/paint on the black? Super clean matte finish. Of course, love the 919 Sato rearsets too. Your 919 chains looks clean enough to serve a 3 course meal on top of it.
Thanks mate.
The banana yellow was painful to look at. The stock red on the 2002 Aussie 919 wasn’t the nice cherry red you guys got in the state. It was a Honda red. Yuk!
I only had to paint the front fender and the tail piece. I replaced the tank with a US 2002 colour. Gum metal black. I found an identical match in a rattle can, Black Pearl, for the other parts. I lightly sanded the red, grey primer, Black Pearl then a low sheen clear topcoat.
I love the Sato rearsets. One of my better investments. Zero vibes and zero slop in the gear shift linkage.
That DID chain has about 15000kms on it. WD40 only. No chain lube. Always clean, no fling off and very little stretch.
Same with the dirt bike. I’ll probably never buy chain lube again. But I do go through buckets of WD40.

·
Wanna free cat?
554 Posts
Reactions: Islandboy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts