Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has weighed their RC-51? I'm curious as to what numbers people have seen?

I have a 2002 with a few lighter things on it like, 520 chain, alum sprocket, Carbon pipes, fender hacked off, chunks of plastic missing :eek:

In street attire, almost a full tank, it weighted 455lbs. That included the tool kit in the back, which I later weighed and it was like 6lbs. So 449lbs I guess.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Whatever happened to that 380# RC that dude made? Last I recall some guy bough it in Florida someplace and he was trying to unload it...

What ever happened to that thing?

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
I saw the scales at Deal's Gap when h_ryder weighed his.

453# but, I can't comment on any mods he has done other than exhaust.

·
Il bambino e un cani
3,363 Posts
When I installed my Jardine 2-1 on my '00 RC I carefully weighed all the components...the new system was 19 lbs lighter than the stock system. By the 02 model the stock exhaust had be reduced by 7 or 8 pounds.
JohnnyB

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Whatever happened to that 380# RC that dude made? Last I recall some guy bough it in Florida someplace and he was trying to unload it...

What ever happened to that thing?
Thorsten Durbahn out of Germany built (builds) those. And I think the owner was in Texas and might've been G-Man. Had Colin Edwards Stars & Stripes paint scheme. memory fails me.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Total factory weight was reduced 20-25lbs from 00-01 to 02+ I remember that. It was mainly in the exhaust, wheels, subframe, swingarm.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
I think it was a friends of G-Man who had it and they later sold it.

Rags, go weigh the bike again and this time... don't forget to take out that sheet of metal that keeps short circuiting your bike :stir: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts