Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Batman
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend, I took the 9er out for it's maiden "long expedition" (3 day getaway). I covered over 1400 miles in southern MN and all across WI to milwaukee and then back to the dakotas.

In preparation for this event, I rigged up a closed cell, medium density custom foam pad wrapped in non-slip vinyl that I think looks rather smart for the $40 I put into it...but alas, it only helped a bit. So my quest continues so I may ride the 919 without the pain.

I came accross this review and had to look into the KonTour seat option.

After reading their website, and knowing that I'll be out around $575 plus shipping (DANG! :scared::scared::twitch:) I'm a little worried that if I plunk that amount of cash, will I be left feeling worse in my rear (i.e raped) than before?

Anyone here have ANY experience with these seats?

Anyone here want to test one out for me and report back?:001_tt2:

·
Centurion
194 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with that brand of seats, I'm sorry.

But I can tell you that my Corbin seat is quite comfortable. I ride it home, 4 hours one way, every weekend to Atlanta. So that's 8 hours total, and my rear end is never sore... Just something you may want to take into consideration there.

·
blur
1,372 Posts
fwiw,i tried the corbin and didn't like it. but i found the more i rode on the stock seat(and my pillion) the better it was. after 3 or 4 months the stocker is my favorite

·
What, me worry?
131 Posts
Anyone here have ANY experience with these seats?

:001_tt2:
No personal experience, but the web site's certainly impressive--they talk the quality talk, anyway (US and Euro components, nothing Chinese, money back and lifetime guarantee, etc..). Was thinking about maybe having them rework my Sargent-modified seat, but noted that they only work on OEM seats--even if the seat pan is pristine :confused1: . So if you really want one and your original has been reworked at all, you're also out the cost of a new or good used factory seat.
Found these while researching the Co.--
One review on WBW reports after 13K miles on his Kon Tour:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-seat/custom-motorcycle-seat.htm

Another forum thread (looong, but interesting... :lurker-eating-popco) on AV world where the 1200GS riders discuss their experience with the Kon Tours-- R. Miller (Kon Tour owner) even gets into the fray... (Hmmmm, can you feel the love??? :dots: :fight:

Hope this helps... :motorcycle:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts