Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into the Dan Moto carbon stubby exhaust on ebay for $205 shipped to my door from china!!!

Exhaust Carbon GP Honda CB 900 Hornet EX107: eBay Motors (item 150447433018 end time Sep-21-10 02:16:17 PDT)

Does anybody here have this exhaust?

Does it sound good?

Will it yield any performance gain over the mods that I currently have (listed below)?

I am looking for the best bang for the buck.

Also, would a power commander be required if I installed it?

I have a K&N, flapper mod, and bafflectomy and it appears that my bike is still running rich from all of the popping and black smoke coming out of the pipes.

I just can't justify paying close to $1000 for an exhaust and power commander for only a couple extra hp.

Thanks

·
yzarc mi os
883 Posts
for the price I have been tempted to try it my self. there are other threads about this also most people don't trust it since it's a Chinese made exhaust. I don't either but I'm not out 500-1000 dollars either if it turns out to be junk\ or I just don't like the sound. I can tell you it's gonna be very load.

·
yzarc mi os
883 Posts
Hey I did right after a fun encounter with an astro van.

It would be nice if people would introduce them selves though. Normally those types stay around a little longer than to ask one or two questions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I pulled the trigger. I'll post a vid on youtube after I have it installed and write a review for you guys. I think I will paint the mid-pipe with satin black heat paint though.

This is the only vid of the Danmoto on a hornet I could find.......................

YouTube - DANMOTO Twin Carbon Fiber on My Brow's CB 919 Hornet

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have one on my 99 F4....at first it sounded airy...then it got raspy and loud as hell. Dunno about on a daily rider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHbdOhtdN8

more on my channel. video doesn't really catch how loud it really is but you can get an idea when I'm in the distance.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I currently have Delkivics...... and they're nice. Too quiet for my taste, I think I may have just found my next mod..... lol
You still got the DB killer in the end? If so remove it and they will become loud. If too loud you can cut the DB killer in half and reinsert them to get a midway sound level.

I'm making a 'play' set of DB killers for my Yoshis as the yoshi ones are pretty quiet, but a bit too loud without them.

Couple comment on those carbon pipes in the vid. Watch the placement on the pipe - in the video it looks like they are actually touching the rear cowl - there is probably some room for adjustment when fitting. They are also very short - this may increase the stink.
And the springs look very cheap - I'd have a measure and check the Yoshimura site to see if they have one that will fit the distance as theirs are spunky :yes:

·
Le So Cal Troll
5,766 Posts
let me see if i can dig up another thread about these... the general concensous was that they will be pretty much as loud as if you just ran with no cans at all and just a mid pipe.... as the are super short, their outter diameter isnt much bigger than their inner diameter... and their inner diameter is HUGE.... bigger than yosh, 2 bros etc.

if you want a crazy loud bike... go for it... ill admit they look fuggin awesome... but are WAY to loud for my tastes.

·
yzarc mi os
883 Posts
I've said before a little 919 will never be louder then any of the 8 cylinders in my garage. But in the last month a couple neighbors decided to start a pissing war with me and the 919 is used daily so i may just go this route although the hindle set up I'm looking at would probably be almost as loud it is basically a short header and a muffler.

·
Registered
13 Posts
they will be pretty much as loud as if you just ran with no cans at all and just a mid pipe.

I don't think so....

YouTube - 99 CBRF4 open header

YouTube - 1999 CBR 600 Danmoto Slip-on idle - rev

open header is ear-splitting loud...this thing is loud but not unbearable. Also doesn't have that high frequency scream, good grunt. Def happy with it, it's no racefit growler but then again they don't make them for this bike...I was only interested in a carbon gp-like pipe and wasn't down to spend 500 bucks on a carbon big name exhaust for an 11 year old scooter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Everything looks really good on this pipe and I was surprised. Fit is good, the can doesn't rub my swingarm, the carbon fiber looks good, and everything is very tight. I'll get a close up on the welds tomorrow

1 - 20 of 59 Posts