WristTwisters.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Shootist357
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these are local to me and price is right, but how good are the tires for normal every day use?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a set on my 03 and I like them. Decent grip, (my name isn’t Rossi) good in the rain and I’ve gotten about 8,000 miles out of the rear. I’m about to replace them with Michelin’s but overall I would say it’s a good tire. These are about $200 per set on Amazon/eBay if I remember correctly. So if they’re less than that it’s a good deal

·
Left of Centre
3,902 Posts
+1.

I ran a couple of sets and had a good experience of them. The carcass is built very light, which might have contributed to my rear getting a slash deflation from a piece of broken glass, but good mileage, secure feel. I'm not going back there from Michelin Road 5's, but at the time, they were fine.

·
Wanna free cat?
517 Posts
My last two fronts have been the Contimotion Z. I like em just fine. (my name isn't Rossi either) The price is right- go for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My '07 919 came with those tires when I bought it used. After they wore, I switch over to a set of Michelin Road Pilot 3 (the Michelin offering at the time) and the difference in the bike was just astonishing. The bike now wears Michelin Road 5's and it's still amazing. I would not spend money on Contimotion tires regardless of how cheap you can get them.

·
Wanna free cat?
517 Posts
I would not spend money on Contimotion tires regardless of how cheap you can get them.
Comparing worn out tires to brand new tires isn't really a fair comparison, is it? btw whats the best oil for the 919

Reactions: grgmini

·
Shootist357
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't do it.... :) tire responses only please....!

·
Shootist357
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
20 hours have elapsed with nary a peep about oils.
You can relax, your thread isn't getting hijacked.
i belong to a ton of motorcycle groups/forums... I've heard all the oil discussions.....!

·
Wanna free cat?
517 Posts
Don't do it.... :) tire responses only please....!
lmao Just tryna stir the pot... I think we should buy the tires which we can afford

·
Shootist357
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I ended up meeting the guy and got the set for $100 -- still new with the factory wrapper. Someday one of the 919's will get them or maybe some other new bike I buy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts