Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Angela.... He's back

3K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  Aquila-RC51 
#1 ·

See less See more
#4 ·
Not yet lil', but you know they are going to be at the Indy dealer show next weekend. Give you three guesses where I'm going to be next Sunday!

He was 2nd fastest yesterday behind Mat too! Please, please, please let this be for real and let him have a good year. He needs it big time. Actuallly he needs me, he just doesn't know it. haha

BTW, have ya'll seen his new helmet?! I hadn't until today. Way out there for him, but I like it.

#8 ·
Crap...found out...

Actually, I am a fan of the ladies (just got my girlfriend a Joe Rocket Cleo today). I just wanted to find some ammo against Mr. B. If you ask me, a convertible mini is blackmail material, not a photo op

I gotta be honest, though, he is a phenomenal rider. If I had the skill he had in his left pinky, I wouldn't be working for a public school district.

#12 ·
angela155 said:
He was 2nd fastest yesterday behind Mat too! Please, please, please let this be for real and let him have a good year. He needs it big time. Actuallly he needs me, he just doesn't know it. haha
Hate to break your heart, but I have been saying this for the last few years, he is all washed up! He doesnt have the mental strength to compete at this level. He may get lucky at one or two tracks, but thats all.

Heck, even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while. :D

He's an "Also ran!"

Same for his brother...

(Flame suit one :cool:)

#14 ·
Nothin' wrong with AMA, Mladin just needs to find some actual competition. They should give him the boot and tell him to try MotoGP on for size. I bet even the 250 class mops the floor with him.

#16 ·
hondaf4iguy said:
Evad, isn't anyone other Mladin an Also ran?

Eric won the most races last year outside of Mladin and he is an also ran as well?? Hmmm...AMA sucks.
Reference: Blind Squirrel found a nut. How did he finish the remaining races he didnt win?

Yes, right now everone is an "Also ran!" I have never been a big fan of Madlin's as far as his personality, but frankly, as he would say, he's not there to make friends. He flat out whips the competition week in and week out in AMA.

I'd love to see someone actually step up and give him a challenge but until DiSalvo gets a Superbike ride, that wont happen. Thats most likely not going to happen either as he will be snapped up for MotoGP duty in a short time anyway.

Bock919 said:
Nothin' wrong with AMA, Mladin just needs to find some actual competition. They should give him the boot and tell him to try MotoGP on for size. I bet even the 250 class mops the floor with him.
Not likely, Mladin's times at the same tracks as MotoGP bikes are within 1 second or less. He is faster at times that the Suziki MotoGP bike. Like him or dont, you have to respect his talent.

#17 ·
Unfortunately I think that as long as Mladin is racing in the AMA on a zook that everyone else is fighting for second. That guy dominates when he's going fast. The TV coverage is usually 75% on the 2-3 battle, only switching to Mladin for the last half-lap or so.

At least Rossi waits until the last 7 laps or so to smoke everyone. :D

BTW, I had no idea that Ben dated Leann Tweeden.

#18 ·
Evad101 said:
I'd love to see someone actually step up and give him a challenge but until DiSalvo gets a Superbike ride, that wont happen. Thats most likely not going to happen either as he will be snapped up for MotoGP duty in a short time anyway.
You aren't actually implying that DiSalvo could beat Mladin. That's insane. I'm not a fanboy, and my favorite racer personality is Miguel Duhamel, but Mladin doesn't play around when he drops the shield.

He's not thinking, "man this could be the day, this is my big shot". He's probably thinking, "So long, suckers!". Yeah you're right, you have to respect his talent. It's more than that though. They should just throw away his pit-board. Rossi's too, while they're at it.

#22 ·
GDJAM said:
Ben Spies could beat him also.....like Nicky before him.

But I think that you still need one of these kids to have a banner year and Mat have an "off" year......
Not currently. The way Mat is riding on that GSXR... oof. You're right about the "banner" and "off" years though. Only thing is, wasn't Mat riding injured over half of last year? Looked pretty damn good to me.

#23 ·
I didn't say "injured" year, I said "off" year..........

The only "injury" that can slow him down is maybe the loss of an arm or leg....and even then he'd probably contend......:eek:

No, I think he'd have to have a bad year where something's not working on the bike or he wads a coupla times.....or both

Spies started getting really good towards the end of last year.....and I still believe that he or any one of the AMA youth movement can knock off Matt......but they gotta have their sh1t together to do it.....

and I guess they better do it in the next few years or old Matt will have the last laugh on everybody and retire a champion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.