Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wanna free cat?
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"Marquez purposely lapped slower than he was capable of during the first five laps, therefore leading to a seven rider group out front, however, that soon changed on lap six as he pulled out a one second margin to Quartararo."

He just wanted someone to play with, and surely knows that fans want to see at least some semblance of competition.

·
Wanna free cat?
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He knows that track like you and I know our driveway. COTA is a rough course, in spite of the continuing maintenance. A few years ago, some of the riders were complaining about the condition of the track and attributing their poor performances to it. They interviewed MM93 (who won the race) and asked his opinion. He said, "The bumps are there for everyone." 😆

·
McTavish
6,464 Posts
While I'm not an MM fan, it was fantastic to see him win so authoritatively, knowing he is nowhere near being back to 100% yet.
Past that, the race was boring, and so was the camera work.
The race was the antithesis of this season so far, it was more of a parade than a race.

·
Wanna free cat?
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
"Both of Marquez’s wins this season have come at favoured left-handed circuits (Sachsenring and COTA), and while he’s always preferred these venues compared to right-handed tracks, Marquez said the feeling between both has increased following his injury last year."

"Of course, in the left circuit corners; always has been one of my strong points, but now with the injuries it is even bigger the difference, the feeling in right and left corners," said Marquez.

I've heard his detractors say that he's so good only due to the bike which Repsol Honda has set up specifically for him, and that he's the only one who can ride it so well. My opinion is that if he can understand the technology and utilize it to his benefit, more power to him. They all have access to the same tech. "The bumps are there for everyone." lmao

Others have opined that it's not good for the sport to be dominated by one rider. Really? Would they have said the same of Muhammad Ali? Tiger Woods? Valentino Rossi?
MM93 is the greatest rider to come along since, well, Rossi. He will eventually pass his prime and someone else will assume the throne.

While it's a bit early for felt hats here in Texas, he still looks good in one. I'll bet he can get laid where we can't even get a drink of water. 😆

Sports uniform Hand Hat Glove Sports jersey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts