Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you young testosterone filled indestructible males out there. Here's some advice.

I'm a bit older and wiser and a bit more fragile in my older age. Well, today I worked at home and decided to hit the gym. It's been awhile, being so freakin' busy. I'm getting a bit softer and smoother, not a pretty site. So, I'm feeling decent, but weak. Damn, every joint and previous injury just hurt and continues to hurt at this time.

So, when you get hurt. Don't be all macho. Get it checked out, get an x-ray. I've busted over 27 bones (not counting the re-breaks) and spent more than a total of 2-yrs in traction. There have been injuries I should have gotten check, but just "toughed" it out. STUPID! Will be paying for it forever.

That's my fatherly advice for the day. Tomorrow the long-term effects of STD's.:)
 

·
Il bambino e un cani
Joined
·
3,363 Posts
Dude...you sound like some kind of wuss!

I'm like 72 years old an the only thing that hurts me is hitting bottom when I bang hookers.
JohnnyB
 

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
Joined
·
7,093 Posts
RC51_CBRXX said:
For all you young testosterone filled indestructible males out there. Here's some advice.

I'm a bit older and wiser and a bit more fragile in my older age. Well, today I worked at home and decided to hit the gym. It's been awhile, being so freakin' busy. I'm getting a bit softer and smoother, not a pretty site. So, I'm feeling decent, but weak. Damn, every joint and previous injury just hurt and continues to hurt at this time.

So, when you get hurt. Don't be all macho. Get it checked out, get an x-ray. I've busted over 27 bones (not counting the re-breaks) and spent more than a total of 2-yrs in traction. There have been injuries I should have gotten check, but just "toughed" it out. STUPID! Will be paying for it forever.

That's my fatherly advice for the day. Tomorrow the long-term effects of STD's.:)

Silly Old Man... you should have had the Saki with you. :rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WIM-RC51 said:
Silly Old Man... you should have had the Saki with you. :rolleyes:
Yes, it is getting sad. I've been noticing I'm making "old guy" noises getting up from sitting or laying down. Shiet walking hurts these days. I had enough Saki the other night. I'm good for a while, well until tomorrow.

J.B's been banging Bridgett the Midget?
 

·
Wookie
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
I'm 23, I don't need no doctor, I'm indestructible!

I thought this was going to be another "wear your helmet, here's a picture to show you why" speech. I messed up my ankle last year, didn't go to the doctor, I'll probably be feeling it when I'm 40.

Wear your helmet kids!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
yup, caught my ankle between the ground and the footpeg hammering through a turn on my motocross bike at a track a few years ago. Never got it looked at, now I can't lean a certain way on it.


JB, you should ask next time that the hookers use a smaller strap-on next time then...
 

·
That's nacho cheese!
Joined
·
17,707 Posts
I'm diggin' your rapp, fellow future senior citizen discount taker. I've veen meaning to hit a workout routine myself, but I am the wuss JohnnyB refers to.
And Johnny, don't lie. The only thing you hit the bottom of lately is a bottle of Mogan David wine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,432 Posts
I am also young, 24 years, and invincible. I refuse to have any injury looked at, and, as such, will probably be in a great deal of pain when I get older.

Okay, seriously though, you're right. I've noticed that indoor soccer games are getting harder and harder to recover from for me when compared to my younger college buddies. I still have better stamina than they do, but I hurt more the next day.
 

·
That's nacho cheese!
Joined
·
17,707 Posts
Bock919 said:
I am also young, 24 years, and invincible. I refuse to have any injury looked at, and, as such, will probably be in a great deal of pain when I get older.

Okay, seriously though, you're right. I've noticed that indoor soccer games are getting harder and harder to recover from for me when compared to my younger college buddies. I still have better stamina than they do, but I hurt more the next day.

Atttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt TWENTY FOUR!!!!!!!

Booooo-fooooookin-hooooooo:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
Bigdaa said:
Atttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt TWENTY FOUR!!!!!!!

Booooo-fooooookin-hooooooo:(
BAHAHAHAHAHA, you make me laugh long time!

I've got bad knees and before you guys have any smart-ass remarks about it, it was from a car accident. I was 17 and didn't have my seatbelt on and t-boned a Audi at the lights. Whacked my knees under the dash good, they bother me in the damp and cold, never got them looked at.
 

·
Wookie
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
When I was about 14, A friend of mine and I were playing golf in his backyard with apples that fell from the trees... He didn't look to see I was standing RIGHT FRICKIN NEXT TO HIM and swung hard, the club hit me under the right knee cap... never had it looked at, it's killing me as I type this now. Poop!

Now I hate golf... I'd hate it anyways cause it just sucks, but that didn't help. :D
 

·
Stare into me...
Joined
·
1,926 Posts
Sometimes all the treatment in the world doesn't make all the pain go away....that's the part that really sucks.

So my advice to all you young males is to skip gettting hurt altogether....
 

·
Wookie
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
GDJAM said:
Sometimes all the treatment in the world doesn't make all the pain go away....that's the part that really sucks.

So my advice to all you young males is to skip gettting hurt altogether....
FOR SALE: Motorcycle, car, ladder, hockey skates, power tools, shovel, golf club...many other blunt and sharp objects for sale, please ask.

Not going to happen. :D
 

·
BANNED!
Joined
·
5,539 Posts
True as it is... you can not avoid it.. but you can delay it!

Stretching is the key... and if you do get any strains and or sprains... take it slow... stretch them vigorously...

I am an avid Bball player, at 5-8 and a quarter only too, and used to pride myself on NEVER rolling an ankle... then it happened. Last spring... not the inside or outside ligaments/tendon thingies... but the one that goes down the top of your foot! I landed ontop of some old dudes foot after taking another old dude to the rim, and he pushed me forward as I came down on him... the foot rolled forward and all I felt was a perforated paper like tear starting at the toes and ripping all the way up to my ankle... odd sensation that didnt hurt immediately... but boy did it come on after that! And the swelling... plannar elephantitus (sp?)! I opted not for surgery... just rest and then lots and lots of home therapy... stretching, and stretching and stretching... Had to forego ANY sports except golf that summer and even that was a little scary if I tried walking 18!

Even now when playing... I have to stretch just about everything I got... and I refuse to go to the rim unless it is CLEAR!


Badly broke both my thumbs in HS wrestling too... and occasionally I will just drop things as they mysteriously go weak! Cant do much about a broken thumbs I was told... just taped it and kept on going.
 

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
Joined
·
7,093 Posts
SportyChick said:
BAHAHAHAHAHA, you make me laugh long time!

I've got bad knees and before you guys have any smart-ass remarks about it, it was from a car accident. I was 17 and didn't have my seatbelt on and t-boned a Audi at the lights. Whacked my knees under the dash good, they bother me in the damp and cold, never got them looked at.

Sure Sporty... whatever you say darling. Of course it was the accident... :eek:
 

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
Joined
·
7,093 Posts
Okay.. This is why you should try to take care of yourselfs young folks.

First... an obligatory sip of the Tibetan Monk Saki. And now....... (drum roll)........ the list.

Chipped Left Eye Socket - 8 Stitches.
Shattered Left Knee - Major Surgery in Switzerland - 13 Stictches to cover.
Broken Left Metatarsals (little bones in the foot), bad landing playing BB.
Broken Left Femur - incapacitated 9 months from head-on car crash
Broken Right Ankle - Same car crash, still working through it. MRI tomorrow.
Bone fragments in Right knee - Orthoscopic surgery is upcoming soon.
Fractures Right Forearm - Nosed dived off Mountain bike.
Surgery on upper body from fractured Shoulder bones and chest area.
Three broken ribs - Motorbike accident, 90 MPH high-side in No.Cal area.
Cracked upper Jaw - lost front teeth. Needed implants. Running accident.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
You do not want to see me getting out of bed in the cold or going up a staircase. I am all like clickety clackety. However, I am thankfully back in the gym and trying to re-strengthen the body. Someone up there must have seen pain and broken limbs in my future - I somehow heal fast. But... all the pain never goes away.

NOW! Where is that darn Saki!!!!! :mad:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WIM-RC51 said:
Chipped Left Eye Socket - 8 Stitches.
Shattered Left Knee - Major Surgery in Switzerland - 13 Stictches to cover.
Broken Left Metatarsals (little bones in the foot), bad landing playing BB.
Broken Left Femur - incapacitated 9 months from head-on car crash
Broken Right Ankle - Same car crash, still working through it. MRI tomorrow.
Bone fragments in Right knee - Orthoscopic surgery is upcoming soon.
Fractures Right Forearm - Nosed dived off Mountain bike.
Surgery on upper body from fractured Shoulder bones and chest area.
Three broken ribs - Motorbike accident, 90 MPH high-side in No.Cal area.
Cracked upper Jaw - lost front teeth. Needed implants. Running accident.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
You do not want to see me getting out of bed in the cold or going up a staircase. I am all like clickety clackety. However, I am thankfully back in the gym and trying to re-strengthen the body. Someone up there must have seen pain and broken limbs in my future - I somehow heal fast. But... all the pain never goes away.

NOW! Where is that darn Saki!!!!! :mad:
Anything less than 20 stitches only needs a band-aid. A bone is not really broken unless you can actually see it sticking out of the body.;) Have too many screws in my body holding me together these days.

I use to make fun of people with back pain. Use to say is was a crap and they just need to suck it up. I use to deadlift 600lbs for 3 reps, clean 305lbs for 3 reps, stiff-leg 305 for 8 reps, and bent row 335 for 8 reps (all drug free!). Never had a back issue. Then one day during some downhill mtn biking. I bent over to adjust the derailer and my back just froze!! WTF!! I couldn't move. I finally got to the ground and had to lay there for an hour+. The one an only time I hurt my back and now have a respect and sympathy for people with back issues.
 

·
That's nacho cheese!
Joined
·
17,707 Posts
The one an only time I hurt my back and now have a respect and sympathy for people with back issues.

I have crawled to the toilet on my hands and knees. then, kneeling at the thunderbowl, piss an arc in the air the best I could, the wife bless her heart wiped up the overspray. Then I crawled back to the foldout bed to continue my 6 days on my back. Couldn't sleep in bed with Lee Ann cause everytime she moved I woke up in agony. Got constipation from not moving, so asked the wife to get me a quart of prune juice. Downed it, but I got impatient and I asked her to get be some lax. Wow, I took it and it was thundercity, in thundercanyon, with a thundersky at the thunderbowl, for a straight fukin day.

I know a bit about back pain. But the ironic thing is, in my family, my situation isn't dick!



TAKE CARE OF YOUR BACK. EXCERCISE IT WELL, AND PERIODICLY
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top