Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes the best of all elements for revenge just come together. Like George Pappard said "I love it when a plan comes together" - today it happened.

OK, a bit of setting the stage...
Took the day off work, needed to run some errands, decided it would be great to take my 4 yr old daughter with. She just got a "Jo-Jo's Circus Greatest Hits cd" so we were bopping along to "Hey Hey, it's Jo-Jo's circus" when we're passed at a high rate of speed by a Civic, seriously pimped, in a double yellow line zone.

Am I a little annoyed? Yep. But I bite my tongue because I'm watching my mouth around the young 'in. We come to the next intersection and happy day, we're both stopped by a red light. (element 1)

This guy has a stereo that is vibrating my windows, young kid with more money in the stereo than the car and his windows are open (element 2) with the stereo thumping. I can't hear Jo-Jo anymore and I'm getting angry.

He's stopped on the passenger side of me (element 3) and I take notice that the wind is blowing across me left to right, and into his driver window (element 4). A plan forms...

Sidenote, I drive a Lightning (don't know what that is? that's ok) Ford produces a limited number of F150 standard cabs every year that they send over to their Special Vehicles Team (SVT) to do some little tricks like a taught suspension, custom interior and drop in a supercharger that produces almost 400 horsepower and 500lbs of torque. The dual exhaust exits right in front of the passenger rear tire (element 5) She's a mean little shyt.

So with about 10 seconds left on the red light we creep forward about 3' so his window is even with my rear tires. See where this is going yet? Left foot on the brakes, right foot on the gas and give her a little nudge, suspension compresses and locks down. More throttle and they start spinning, and can they ever spin!

It wasn't long until little Civic boy and his ghei friend were engulfed in a cloud of burning rubber and exhaust that you could've seen from a overhead 747. I kept it up until the light turned green and he disappeared into the cloud. His stereo never waivered but he can listen to it all he likes while trying to get that smell out of his car for the next 2 weeks.

My daughter said "daddy, what's that noise?" I answered "supercharger honey" - she said "what's it do?" I answered "makes us fast." :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
BAHAHAHAHAHA your daughter's questions and your responses are priceless! That's too funny!

Damn I didn't know you had a Lightening, those are beautiful trucks and good job on the kid in the Civic! I would have loved to have seen the look on his face. Bet he'll never look the same at a domestic truck again!

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Oh my God Kevin that was the best story ever!:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hammer:

The SVT club is definately the one! Proud we're both members.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I took one to lunch a couple of years ago (used to work at Ford) and we had 3 peeps in the truck with the A/C on and the windows up. I torched a Z28 SS from a stoplight, while I ate a hamburger. Those trucks are tha bomb! Shoulda seen the look and that guy's face.

Nice choice. I wonder if they're going to produce the 6-speed lightning concept.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
In a word, NO

Ford basically canned all the guys doing good things at SVT. All projects are on hold indefinitely until Billy boy wakes up and realizes that the Focus is boring and the Five Hundred is the biggest yawn since the Taurus turned 10 years old.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Once Coletti was "let-go" SVT went down the crapper...
The Adrenaline was suppose to happen, but is now canned.
Rumors of an '08 SVP (Special Vehicle Performance) 'stang cobra, 5.4l s'charged @ around 425hp. Also rumor of bringing back the Lightning using either a tuned down version (400hp) from the GT or shoving in a V-10. Since the Twin-City & Virginia truck plants are being shut down, guesing the rumors will stay just that.

You can get a Shinoda BOSS mustang thru certain dealers... 480hp @ the wheels!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.