WristTwisters.com banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Pretty much thought the bike was done......and a few of you know that I have a weakness for nice Master Cylinders.....

then this 13mm Magura Radial Master Cylinder popped up on SupermotoJunie..... couldn't resist. It even came with a Brembo resevoir & mount bracket.

it was a tight fit behind the hardguard....but I made it work. The handguard had to be shimmed about 10mm outward to make a little more room for the M/C.

To end the M/C install.....most dirt-bikes have their brake line running to the inside front wheel so it won't get caught in the woods/trees, etc. For supermoto and when running larger front wheels....its a better idea to run your line on the outside of the fork leg.

And yeah ---- also picked up a Galfer steel braided brake line...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
so.... there you have it...... my last 2 months of modding.

Stay tuned...... more pictures and tuning to come.

·
Super Moderator
11,622 Posts
DANG! I am seriously impressed you did all that in 2 months. Do you even do ANYTHING else? :laugh:

Very, very impressed. My XR600R is very jealous right now... :angry:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Looks GREAT.............:thumbup1:

I just wish I had a DR650 so I could buy all the add-ons off of it in 6 months when you decide to sell it. :smartass:

·
GLG-20
1,381 Posts
My DR is jealous. It's been waiting 16 years for that kind of attention!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,598 Posts
You........you are an ARTISTE'!

And dang if it ain't the bees shizzle nizzle to have ya back!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Looks GREAT.............:thumbup1:

I just wish I had a DR650 so I could buy all the add-ons off of it in 6 months when you decide to sell it. :smartass:
Yeah --- no doubt..... the 919 was one of the sweetest bikes I've had....not because it was the most expensive, or the fastest.... it was one of the first bikes that I actually made my own.

For the time being....the plan is to make the DR a long-term keeper, leave it in street trim....and to start saving up for another project. Like the 919 --- the DR's are incredible universal......

I'm heavily leaning towards picking up a plated KTM 200 EXC 2-stroke for my next project. Think it would be a blast in the woods....and with sumo wheels on the karting tracks.

·
Left of Centre
3,902 Posts
arctic954; I'm heavily leaning towards picking up a plated KTM 200 EXC 2-stroke for my next project. Think it would be a blast in the woods....and with sumo wheels on the karting tracks.[/QUOTE said:
Can heartily recommend the 200 2-stroke idea. After a string of dual-purpose Yamahas and a couple of KDX's, my last off-roader was a Gas-Gas EC200. Absolutely primo woods , forest, single-track bike. A little less hard-edged than the EXC, but in a similar ball-park.

A complete rocket ship once jetted correctly, and ultra-reliable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Everyone! I'm back.....and I'm staying for good!

Well --- as many know.....had a good friend last spring have a horrible crash down south. (yeah, Godzuki....its all your fault....LOL) Decided to take a step back from the 919 for this next year ----- sold off the parts, sold the bike, and walked off with around $6,200.

Seriously. Don't tell the wife. :whistling:

Godzuki's version of dual-sporting a sportbike.....

Have a cool clip of me on the 919 riding through the Dragon the night after Godzuki's crash....... probably not the best way to take out aggression....but, man.....it sure felt good. You start hearing the 919 at about :35 sec in. The sound of that Arrow exhaust bounching around the woods just sounded amazing...

i only signed up today to see if you're still here for good :)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts