WristTwisters.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I just purchased an 04 Honda 919 and stumbled upon this video on the great web . I dont know if its editing, but my 919 whines a whoooole lot more than the bike in the video.
This bike almost doesnt have any whine when idling. What gives? o_O

Is there a way to reduce the whine? So far all 919 ive seen have had the whine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chain is pretty good but I will check sprockets. Every 919 I have seen whines though. just found this video and they had no whine. Might be editing but I don't know

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and i will get an aftermarket exhaust at some point :) That will for sure help with the idle soundtrack as well

·
919 Rider
2,679 Posts
No noise from a worn front sprocket when idling. Only noise when travelling. Your original post mentioned almost no noise when idling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No noise from a worn front sprocket when idling. Only noise when travelling. Your original post mentioned almost no noise when idling.
What i meant was, that the bike in the video makes almost no noise when idling. Mine whines when idling, like so many other 919's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see you are a 919 rider yourself :) How does yours sound when idling? Just curious

·
919 Rider
2,679 Posts
Ahh!...I re read your post. Yours whines a whole lot more at idling. Could simply be down to a difference in bike mileage, different engine oil, age of engine oil, abuse or a hundred other things.
What’s your mileage? Engine oil type? Air filter type?
I’ll take a video of my bike, idling and a bit of a rev. I’ll post the video for ya. I use aftermarket pipes so don’t really notice the whine anymore but it was there when I first got the bike when it had stock cans on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahh!...I re read your post. Yours whines a whole lot more at idling. Could simply be down to a difference in bike mileage, different engine oil, age of engine oil, abuse or a hundred other things.
What’s your mileage? Engine oil type? Air filter type?
I’ll take a video of my bike, idling and a bit of a rev. I’ll post the video for ya. I use aftermarket pipes so don’t really notice the whine anymore but it was there when I first got the bike when it had stock cans on it.

Thanks a bunch dude. Yeah i only just got it, so i dont know much about it. Its only done 20K miles at this point :) I was looking at some yoshimura carbon look aftermarket slip on's, but they are hard to find where i live. I'm going to wait a couple months and see if i can find some second hand pipes for it, i think

1 - 18 of 18 Posts