Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen that you can put a CBR600F3 front wheel on the 919 and a 900rr rear wheel.

Are there any other options. Can you do front and rear set of the 600f3 or the 900rr

I am looking for great looks and plug and play to work with stock 919 rotors/calipers/axles and such at a bargain price.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I did this conversion and the 900rr wheel is a direct swap on the rear, you do not need anything to make it fit.

As for the front wheel, I used a 17" F3 front wheel and you will have to change the axle to the F3 axle as well as some shims to make the fitment correct.

I got all the information I needed from this forum for this swap.

I really liked the end result. Love the 6 spoke over the 3 spoke wheels.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Sounds pretty much like most 600s you hear.

·
I'm going riding.
1,274 Posts
I if you know anyone with basic machining skills, you can adapt early 1000 Ahrar wheels with a few bushings and a little trimming on your rear brake bracket. That's what I have run on mine since 2008 or so, they are still round, albeit less cool looking than the 6-spokes.

·
I'm going riding.
1,274 Posts
And gibbonater, is that a DanMoto can? Every bike I own is currently in a can-tastrophy like situation, and I'm contemplating just ordering a half dozen of them just to stick on the ends of the tubes.

·
Registered
594 Posts
And gibbonater, is that a DanMoto can? Every bike I own is currently in a can-tastrophy like situation, and I'm contemplating just ordering a half dozen of them just to stick on the ends of the tubes.
Yes it is. I know they are not the best in the world and some people wouldn't be caught dead with them, but I think they're fine.

I have it on the 919 and on my RC51. They aren't built to last, but for now they look and sound great. So I'd say grab some.

I might even buy a set with you, since the can on the 919 is banged up now.

·
I'm going riding.
1,274 Posts
Ironically, I was going to stick a pair on my RC...

·
Registered
594 Posts
This is how they sound on my bike:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0diwtmICilk[/ame]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can I keep my stock axles for both rims or Aldo I need to get axles specific to the CBR 600 F3 & CBR 900RR rim?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have an '06 and I'm doing the swap. As stated the rear is a direct swap. The front requires different axle spacers and additional 4mm spacers on the brake calipers. My 600F3 front wheel came with an axle but I don't see the need to swap the front axle. The 600F3 front axle is actually shorter, I don't think you should run a shorter axle unless your changing the triple clamps. I'm using the tapered spacer on the right side along with another spacer turned to .462 inches wide and a stock 600F3 spacer .590 inches wide on the left side. I've done my mock up and confirm brake operation but my wheels need powder coated and new bearing/seals.

·
Batman
1,053 Posts
I thought ldh stated weight to strength ratio put the oem 3 spoke at the top. Im not saying its not pretty but whats the big hury on changing rims all the time?

#imgettingolderlikedadissue i guess

·
I'm going riding.
1,274 Posts
I thought ldh stated weight to strength ratio put the oem 3 spoke at the top. Im not saying its not pretty but whats the big hury on changing rims all the time? #imgettingolderlikedadissue i guess
I think it's just to have a different flavor of wheel... I put different wheels on because I ran over a curb and killed mine.

·
Registered
594 Posts
What wheels are those?

·
Left of Centre
3,931 Posts
I think Woodyee's bike already had them on - I don't recall anyone writing up about putting them on, although they are pretty sweet-looking, and they were available for a while at clearance-type prices, somewhere up in the PNW.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts