Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall Imma bigger guy 6'5 325. I really like these naked bikes and I gotta have one so I've pretty much decided on either tha 919 or tha z1000. Which do you think would be better for a bigger guy I've sat on em both and think i'm a lil big for both but I still want one. and does tha z1000 just like mop tha floor with tha 919 I mean Imma honda guy but im all about performance so what is tha kawi just like insane better?

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
Well, aside from the Z1000 being just plain buttugly compared to the 919.
Don't know how much HP the Kaw has but it sure ain't better lookin!
Can't go wrong with a Honda.

Oh, and welcome aboard no matter what you end up with!

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
the zed1k is smaller than the 919, or feels like it when you're on it...

amongst most of the nakeds, the fz1 (pre 06) had the most room ergo-wise

yeah the z1000 has more power, but you need to ride them back to back to see if you like it...they put it to the ground differently

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Z1000 Pros

Not as ugly as FZ1
progressive linkage rear end
stiffer frame
big motor w/ 125 RWHP

919 pros

awesome looks
power right where you need it
torque whenever you want it
nimble as a cat
it's a Honda

I'm rambling, aren't I?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess another question i might should ask is am I too heavy for either of these bikes? and will tha z just straight up walk away from tha 919. I really prefer tha looks and tha guages of tha honda but tha extra HP on tha z make it seem like a better choice for a bigboy and being just 18 the dealers dont wanna let me test em out.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Suspension on bikes is generally designed for two people at around 180 lbs each (plus gear). Either one has the power to move you around.

After looking at some dyno charts, I would guess that you won't really notice the difference in horsepower until you really thrash the Z motor. Even then, you'll probably have to be doing some pretty healthy (read:illegal) speeds for the Z to stomp the 919.

Basically, buy what you think fits your budget and is the most aesthetically pleasing to you. Both bikes sound like they fit most of your criteria, so it's really just up to you.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
m51142 said:
Naked bike comparison Everything you wanted to know about the Z1000 vs. 919 vs.FZ1 vs. Bandit

Draw your own conclusions and choose wisely.

Now Mike, that's not fair! How objective and unbiased will the FZ1 board be on comparisons? Remember when Sniper episode erupted?:whistling:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a Z1000 and ridden a 919.. I'd take the Z1000 anyday! Great corner carver and the front wheel comes up easy when you want it to. When riding the Z it seems as if you are sitting over the front end more than the 919. I think it's because of the bars and gages being lower on the Z. I also think the 919 had a bit more engine vibes than the Z.
Two very good choices.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
flicky said:
I had a Z1000 and ridden a 919.... When riding the Z it seems as if you are sitting over the front end more than the 919. I think it's because of the bars and gages being lower on the Z....
Two very good choices.
You just described why I chose the 919...:001_unsure:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
You never saw that?!?! Oh man, it was a hoot. He posted something on the FZ board about beating an FZ on roll-on and you would have thought he said he humped every FZ1 owner's mother at the same time. Those crazy cats almost went to war over it.

I guess I could have posted the link, but I'm too lazy to go find it. Besides, ratdog will probably find it because it's what he does best.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
The Z1000 seemed a little more top heavy in the feel, but also seemed to have some amazing low end power, so did the 919, but not quite as much/the same. I agree that the Z1000 makes you sit further up(or feels like it) which I think gives it more of a sporty feel... well, it's a more sporty bike anyways. The 919 felt more... cruiser like... kinda sorta.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all tha input guys I guess I just needa ride one. I think a 100 hp onna 400lb bike will be f-in crazy! I just didnt know if I'd have to upgrade tha suspension any body with a 9er in tha houston area?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Actually, most manufacturers design suspension with 2 180lb. people and their gear in mind. In truth, the bike will probably handle better with you on it than me. As for acceleration, well, my 145 lb. frame would certainly stomp you in a drag race on equal bikes. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i put 15000 kms on my 2002 919, i felt that it was a little bit smoother ride and torqey then my 2004 Z1000 that i also have 15000km on so far. i liked them both. Zed has a small underseat storage and the 919 didn't. but when drag racing the Zed stomps the 919. That was verified by a buddy on a R6 that would pull away from me every time when i had the 919 but when i got the Zed he sees my taillights now

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.