Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems as though the 919 is priced higher the last few years, at least when comparing prices in my area (CT) with posts from 4-5 years ago. When before the average 9'er was worth maybe 3.5-4k, prices in my area average 5k, with the lowest prices being a rare 4k.

Thoughts?

·
Wanna free cat?
1,020 Posts
Hmm... I think the condition of the bike is a big factor. Personally, I'm looking for low mileage, bone-stock, unadulterated specimens.
This one looks good, but I'd give it a pass because of the led taillight mod and having witnessed some of the wiring butchery performed on the installs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm... I think the condition of the bike is a big factor. Personally, I'm looking for low mileage, bone-stock, unadulterated specimens.
This one looks good, but I'd give it a pass because of the led taillight mod and having witnessed some of the wiring butchery performed on the installs.
Wish I could tempt you with my bike that I'm potentially selling, but it's had the taillight done, as well as some other things.

·
Wanna free cat?
1,020 Posts
That's funny cuz I've got an 03 for sale... Heck, this 07 is for sale, too! lol

·
Wanna free cat?
1,020 Posts
This 03 has 35kmi, all original but has been dropped on both sides. Runs better than the 07. Can't give it away for $2K

·
Wanna free cat?
1,020 Posts
I got the 07 from an individual in 2013. $4300 with 8500 on the odo. Bone stock, untouched- still had the caution label on the tank. Today, it's moderately modded with 66Kmi. I'd ask $3, but be amazed to get it.
What do you have?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the 07 from an individual in 2013. $4300 with 8500 on the odo. Bone stock, untouched- still had the caution label on the tank. Today, it's moderately modded with 66Kmi. I'd ask $3, but be amazed to get it.
What do you have?
I have an '02, was stock when I got it besides the taillight but now I have the 900rr headers in, as well as led turn signals.

Unfortunately the guy I got it from didn't take good care of it so I had to work to fix a lot of surface corrosion with some painting and work. The engine is in great shape at 30k (just did the valves myself), but there's still some slight signs of aesthetic wear in little parts that I was never able to get around to. All and all I'd say it's back to a pretty good condition, but I know with the miles it won't price the same as others. Got it up right now for $4200 so we'll have to see. Like I said most I saw were $5-5.5k so I thought it was a good lower price. 🤷‍♂️

·
Wanna free cat?
1,020 Posts
Well, you can always go down! glws
I gotta go mow the dang yard, see ya later

·
McTavish
6,416 Posts
At some point I'd love to buy a second one as a long term donor roller.
But I don't have room for one!

·
Premium Member
2,818 Posts
I had a long term donor roller for years. ended up fixing it and trading it for a cbr250r since I never had a need for any parts from the donor.

·
Wanna free cat?
1,020 Posts
Sure ya do. You just need to prioritize...

·
Wanna free cat?
1,020 Posts
What are the prices looking like in y'alls neck of the woods?

·
Premium Member
2,818 Posts
2 on FB marketplace right at $3k

·
Premium Member
2,818 Posts
nope! think it's the same bike. only 1 picture on both posts but a different picture. both have rusted headers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts