WristTwisters.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who want to change their 9ers plugs on their own, beware. Plug nbr 3 will hurt you in dark places. I was able to find the right tools which made ALL the difference. 3 life saving tools: Honda vtx 16mm spark plug wrench from niche cycle supply. Pair of long nose vise grip/pliers with a bent tip. Extension magnet to pull the wrench up so you can get a grip on the wrench at a lower point of the wrench.

I was able to get nbr 3 out without removing any hoses. Raise the tank, move the radiator forward, and u r good to go. Once I had the 3 tools above, start to finish took 30 minutes. Without the tools: several hours of life that I will never get back........

·
Why's everything on fire?
2,361 Posts
For those who want to change their 9ers plugs on their own, beware. Plug nbr 3 will hurt you in dark places. I was able to find the right tools which made ALL the difference. 3 life saving tools: Honda vtx 16mm spark plug wrench from niche cycle supply. Pair of long nose vise grip/pliers with a bent tip. Extension magnet to pull the wrench up so you can get a grip on the wrench at a lower point of the wrench.

I was able to get nbr 3 out without removing any hoses. Raise the tank, move the radiator forward, and u r good to go. Once I had the 3 tools above, start to finish took 30 minutes. Without the tools: several hours of life that I will never get back........

The special tool that’s required to change the spark plugs on the 919 is in the toolkit that comes with the 919. With that tool, it takes less than 15 minutes to change plugs.

Improvising a tool set is neither necessary or required. If yours is missing, the part number is 89216-MAT-000, about $17 at your local dealer. No pliers, magnet or such required.

This is what it looks like.

·
Super Moderator
11,205 Posts
I just wait and do mine while the valve cover is off for clearance checks :grin2: Plugs are plenty good to go 16K miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts