Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

919 Soft Luggage, Pictures Please

11K views 74 replies 29 participants last post by  Bwbkicks 
#1 ·
Looked through the recent thread about hard luggage options for the 919. I can't afford a hard luggage setup right now. What are you guys running for soft luggage on 919s? I'm interested in a set of saddle bags and or a tail bag.

#4 ·
It's not just the price of the cases that's deterring me away from hard luggage right now, you also get a good sum of money into the mounting assembly. I don't have passengers so if i went the tailbag route I was thinking of something that would fit on the seat.

#6 · (Edited)
I have an SW-Motech Alu-rack with the Soft luggage adapter plate. I then bought a couple bags from Wolfman. I've found however though --- that both bags are tooo much. I have a week long trip coming up, I'll probably just run the Wolfman Beta bag (it has the mini-saddle bags) and the Wolfman Wolftail tank bag.

#25 ·
I used Cortech luggage on mine, magnetic tank bag and the Cortech Sport tail bag. Could carry enough for a weekend with no problem...

+1 on these, I also have the saddle bags and used them for over 5000 miles with Sato's (no heat shields) and have had zero issues. Over all VERY happy with them.

#21 ·
#31 ·
This thread got me to wondering if my Cortech tail bag would fit on the SD. Already have purchased a KTM tank bag and hadn't installed it yet, was pleased to find out both fit nicely and give me enough space for a weekender. The tail bag makes a great backrest as well!

#32 ·
These pics were taken about 1 hour ago... 2002 919 with Nelson Rigg saddlebags, expandable tailbag, and tank bag. All purchased from MotorcycleCloseouts. I can carry a pretty huge amount of stuff in these bags. If I had the SWMotech rack, I could relocate the tailbag so as to have room for a Pillion.

#39 · (Edited)
These pics were taken about 1 hour ago... 2002 919 with Nelson Rigg saddlebags,

I had those bags, and they were the biggest piece crap I ever bought. I thought they would be great since they were bigger, and less expensive than the cortech bags. A buddy of mine even bought the smaller ones, his tore up beyond repair on our first weekend trip, (no the weren't over loaded) and mine fell apart about 2 months after I got them.

If you are getting soft bags, spend the little extra money and get Cortech sport tri-bag setup. I had a set survive 2 bike wrecks, and they are still going strong...

It really sounds like you want hard luggage.
JC Whitney has cheap boxes that go on sale for cheaper.
Motorcycle Travel Trunks - JCWhitney
I have one of these on a Givi rack... love it!!!

#40 ·
^^ Too late, I already got em. I stick by my recommendation of them since this is my second set of Nelson-Rigg saddlebags (first set got stolen during a car break-in). I have had excellent experiences with Nelson Rigg products, and will buy from them in future.

I'm not totally discounting your experience, either. everyone has a bad day sometimes...I've had a Cortech bag fail pretty quickly, too. sometimes shit happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.