Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
DualSport Transplant
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked through the recent thread about hard luggage options for the 919. I can't afford a hard luggage setup right now. What are you guys running for soft luggage on 919s? I'm interested in a set of saddle bags and or a tail bag.

·
DualSport Transplant
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not just the price of the cases that's deterring me away from hard luggage right now, you also get a good sum of money into the mounting assembly. I don't have passengers so if i went the tailbag route I was thinking of something that would fit on the seat.

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
Hard bags are alot of $$ BUT, if you think you'll want them in the future, do yourself a favor and get a cheap tail bag for now and save your $$ for hard bags, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I have an SW-Motech Alu-rack with the Soft luggage adapter plate. I then bought a couple bags from Wolfman. I've found however though --- that both bags are tooo much. I have a week long trip coming up, I'll probably just run the Wolfman Beta bag (it has the mini-saddle bags) and the Wolfman Wolftail tank bag.

·
orange
9,193 Posts
I used Cortech luggage on mine, magnetic tank bag and the Cortech Sport tail bag. Could carry enough for a weekend with no problem...

·
STR-III
4,989 Posts
I have a Cortech tail bag just like sbeau1960. It stays attached to my bike almost all the time. I do not have a tank bag, but his looks nice.

·
DualSport Transplant
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not sure how large of a bag I want. Ideally I want to use my truck as little as I can this summer. I'd like to be able to get small amount of groceries and such. I used to ride with a backpack but I don't like it at all.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Dude. That box is $60.
How much do you think soft luggage will run you?

I owned the box ( bought it on sale for $40 years ago ) and it worked.

Wasn't GIVI quality, but it worked.

·
DualSport Transplant
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Once I spend the 60 for the box I have to spend another 100 plus for rack to mount it to. I know it may seem weird, I'll run a tailbag, but I won't run a trunk like that. If I'm going to have hard luggage it's going to saddle bags.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Doesn't seem weird to me. I think trunks look ridiculous, however tailbags are not nearly as unsightly.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Fair enough.

I have a trunk and side bags on my Trophy, and I leave the side bags off and use the trunk all the time... it's just easier to deal with.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts