WristTwisters.com banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Those look great! I am about to make it happen. I understand the agony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just to clarify- was there any cutting or modification necessary to use the Delkevic Y-pipe and mount twin SP cans? You said that spacers were needed?

·
919 Rider
2,679 Posts
No cutting or modification needed to fit either the Delkevic Y link pipe or the SP engineering cans.
All units slipped onto one another and the stock headers easily. 3 clamps to hold everything. Also some exhaust sealant.
The spacers are required for the exhaust hangers/brackets. Where they bolt onto bike frame under tail piece. I will take a pic of all this over the weekend.
I’m also using SP engineering baffles. The cans were just a wee bit loud without.

·
919 Rider
2,679 Posts
Ok, some pics. The spacer is 32mm long, aluminium. And the hanger bracket is 45mm between bolt holes and 6mm thick aluminium.
You could have the hanger straight down. I made a longer one and angled it towards the rear. This way the exhaust strap/bracket is more towards the centre of the can. Probably no real need if you go for shorter cans.
Make sure you ask for offset exhaust strap/brackets to be supplied with the cans.

Attachments

·
Rock-N-Roll
21 Posts
Has any used MIVV Exhaust X-Cone? They look good but the cost is kinda high. I don’t know what to do!!!!! How do the carbon fiber cans sound in comparison to the stainless steel cans? HELP!!! Here is a link to the MIVV X-Cones

·
919 Rider
2,679 Posts
A couple of members have installed the MIVV exhaust cones. Do a forum search. They seemed quite happy with them. Some videos online too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't think there would be much of a sound difference based on the exterior sleeve material? I have heard the carbon exhausts tend to run cooler. I personally love the look of titanium, it matches the flat color aspects of the rest of the bike perfectly.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts