Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for excellent condition Yoshimura, Two Brothers, Sato, etc. Ready to pay for a clean set. PM me with your price.

·
McTavish
6,346 Posts
Hmmm, present day aftermarket listings of available product are looking scary. I couldn't find any Yosh' or Akra' listings.

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
With a pair of link pipes from Lextek or Delkevic, the later also has a single Y link pipe available, you can fit almost any aftermarket slip on exhaust pipe to a 919. Easy.

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
Also. The 919 will over a short period of time destroy cheap aftermarket Chinese pipes. Don’t ask how I know😁

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With a pair of link pipes from Lextek or Delkevic, the later also has a single Y link pipe available, you can fit almost any aftermarket slip on exhaust pipe to a 919. Easy.
Looks like that may be what I am going to have to do if things don't pan out in a couple of months. I figured with the US economy shedding 800,000K+ jobs a week that something specific for these would be out there. Thanks for the tip!

·
McTavish
6,346 Posts
Looks like that may be what I am going to have to do if things don't pan out in a couple of months. I figured with the US economy shedding 800,000K+ jobs a week that something specific for these would be out there. Thanks for the tip!
Likewise, the Thanks that is.
At some point I see a second 919 in the family, and would want to be able to graft a set of Yosh cans to it, seeing as full kits look to be out of production.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shot in the dark bump. I ended up buying another stock set to debaffle and don't really dig the sound so much. Going to probably do the delkevik y-pipe and the shorter akra cans, but concerned that the labels will both be on the right side of the cans. Willing to pay the new price for your setup, give a set of perfect OEM, and will either throw in reworked 04+ forks or an 04+ rear shock with about 11K miles. I have several 919 parts and quite a few 12-16 CBR1000RR parts as well. Let's deal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got a set of Sato carbons on my bike but it would take an entirley unreasonable amount to separate them from me. Found these:
I am unreasonable. PM me and throw out a crazy number. I may bite! I saw those Danmotos, but would do crimes for some sweet Satos. Thanks.

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
I’ve used a Delkevic single Y link pipe and two end cans from SP engineering. No issues, look great and sound sweet. Many options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ve used a Delkevic single Y link pipe and two end cans from SP engineering. No issues, look great and sound sweet. Many options.
Thanks for the tip on the SP engineering products. They have many options and I like the looks. I will more than likely go this route.

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
SP engineering cans are very well built. Solid. They can provide offset exhaust hanger brackets and baffles. To fit them to a 919 you’ll need a pair of spacers for the hangers. Fit up was easy. I can provide pics and such.
The Delkevic single Y link pipe is a good solid unit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
SP engineering cans are very well built. Solid. They can provide offset exhaust hanger brackets and baffles. To fit them to a 919 you’ll need a pair of spacers for the hangers. Fit up was easy. I can provide pics and such.
The Delkevic single Y link pipe is a good solid unit.
I'm curious to see your setup- I'm looking at doing a pair of SP titanium cans but unsure if that will work? SP seems to make their own Y pipe as well.

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
Over the weekend I’ll pull the seat off and the tail piece so I can take some pics. It’ll be good excuse to clean under there.
I used the Delkevic Y link pipe cause I already had one. I couldn’t find a SP engineering link pipe for the CB900 hornet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Which SP cans did you go with?
Word. They have so many options it's difficult to choose. Also wondering what inlet size I need for the Delkevic y-pipe.

FYI for anyone looking - I sent Delkevic a message and they offered to sell the y-pipe for $140 shipped.

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
I went for round GP stainless XL, 380mm.
I almost went for the XLS which are 300mm.
Yeah there are way too many options. I agonised for months over choice.
You need a 50.9mm inlet to fit onto the Delkevic Y link pipe which is 50mm.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts