Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My recently purchased 919 has a lovely SW Motech mounting rack system and 45L Givi hard bags which I'm removing; no need for luggage on this bike. I've removed all of the brackets, but came across a few issues. The rear signals have been relocated to a bracket, and I'm trying to remove the bracket and return the signals to their stock location. Any ideas on how to return the wires to their original path down to the stock bracket? Also, should there be another metal piece on the back of the stock passenger peg setup? One of the Motech Brackets was there and it seems strange to just have the rubber piece on the back side. Pics included, thanks for any help/guidance!

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,732 Posts
OK you Hornets! Get this guy some photos of the stock configuration STAT! ;)

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,732 Posts
Hmmmmmm. Where are the helpful fellas I am used to seeing around these parts?

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
I don't have blinkers on the back, even though I reverted to an unmolested shovel (fender.) Will snap a picture of OEM pegs after work. Any interest in selling those racks?! I've been on the hunt for a hot minute.

Reactions: donutninja

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have blinkers on the back, even though I reverted to an unmolested shovel (fender.) Will snap a picture of OEM pegs after work. Any interest in selling those racks?! I've been on the hunt for a hot minute.
Thanks, I'd appreciate it! I have no idea how the wiring should be routed, so I'm not going to mess with it until I get more info. I am planning on selling the racks and the 45L Givi monokey hard bags. The last piece of the rack system that I've got to take off is that signal relocation bracket, so once I figure that part out it'll be ready to sell.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Factory Service Manual is surprisingly lacking in details for the signal routing :/

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
I'm pretty sure the wires go up and over the undertail tray, between the rear fender. There are slots in the fender to guide them towards where the signal lives.

·
Wanna free cat?
1,168 Posts
Hello,
The rear signals have been relocated to a bracket, and I'm trying to remove the bracket and return the signals to their stock location. Any ideas on how to return the wires to their original path down to the stock bracket?

View attachment 158345 View attachment 158346
I think you're gonna have to pull the rear cowl. The wiring harness you need to access is tucked into the rear of the frame, or it was originally. The signals bolt to the fender at the two holes in the upper pic. You'll need parts #4 and #14 if they didn't use them on the relocation.
Once you get the cowl off, you'll see how to route the wires. I'll try to get a pic

·
Wanna free cat?
1,168 Posts
Found this pic while roaming the forum-

This is kinda what you'll see when you remove the rear cowl.
The blue, white and orange connectors are wrapped in that condom just above them and then they are all stuffed into the open end of the box frame to the left of the condom..The blue and orange connectors are your turn signals. Hopefully, your wiring hasn't been hacked on such as this..

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Wire nuts, vampire taps, twist and tape. That was soooo much fun to fix

·
Wanna free cat?
1,168 Posts
Nice. Nothing like riding around with your very own personalized pack of electrical gremlins.

That's a way better pic of what I was trying to show donutninja. Did he get that lined out?

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
I'm guessing they haven't been back to check. Hoping I get a DM with an offer for the racks when it is sorted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all of the info, I haven't had any time to actually go over it yet. I'll keep you updated when I do! I have no idea what the racks and bags should go for, I'll look into it once I figure out what I'm missing to move everything back to stock.

·
Wanna free cat?
1,168 Posts
Hey, I'm just talking smack about the racks/bags.
beefsalad was first to ask about them and I don't have any interest in them, anyway. glws

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Hey, I'm just talking smack about the racks/bags.
beefsalad was first to ask about them and I don't have any interest in them, anyway. glws
Had interest. Just got what I wanted from stephen8! I'm certain they will sell very fast if posted here, or on ebay, or on facebook 919 groups.

·
Wanna free cat?
1,168 Posts
Yeah, I figured you got em. I was just trying to stir the pot when asking about the current bid..lol
You're right about him having no trouble getting rid of them. I looked high and low for a set when I first got the 919 (2013) but they never turned up. Not touring as hard or wandering very far from home these days, it's no surprise that a set would appear when I no longer want/need them.
Wonder if donutninja got those turn signals lined out?
It's kinda funny that that's how it goes around here lately. They come in and grab their free cat and disappear...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts