WristTwisters.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I'm a new member. I'm putting a pair of Delks on my 2003 CB919 and they came with a gorgeous stainless steel Y-pipe that I would love to swap with the stock pipe, but it looks like it involves dropping the rear end (fully unbolting the rear shock). I see only one useful video about this, thanks much to g00gl3it) and frankly I'm intimidated.

youtu.be/M24oiym4UuQ

I'd appreciate any hints . . .

·
Left of Centre
3,902 Posts
My recollection of the task is that it wasn't that bad.

The key for me was a nice stable support for the bike [via a centerstand or workstand that uses the centerstand pivots] then sliding a block under the rear wheel of the bike to hold the swingarm in place while the shock is being removed and refitted.

The actual unbolting and refitting went pretty well, given that I could trust in the overall stability of the bike. I think I also removed the chain guide/rear splash guard piece to help clear the space a bit.

·
Wanna free cat?
517 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum. You can do it! Got center stand?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just stripped the rear end on my 919 with only the centrestand for support. I removed the headers, Y pipe and silencers, as well as the swing arm and shock. You start with the wheel, side panels, rear paintwork and the hugger.

I wrapped my Y pipe to reduce heat soak to the shock.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts