Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Hornet 919
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I’ve finally joined WT because I finally got my new ride. New to me anyway. A 2003 Hornet 919 previously in a slide from a nervous wheelie gone bad. I’ve done some minor work- replaced radiator, exhaust swap back to OEM, center-stand etc. but it’s not where I want it to be yet.
Here she is! Happy to be here on the forum at last. Absolutely awesome machine. Little bit of front end wobble at mid speed- I suspect from bad tires, old and worn. Otherwise zero issues with the bike
76E8C1F6-5AE6-480E-82F4-25FD48AC62E3.jpeg
73AE1BC2-1559-466A-B9DE-D876CF7510EF.jpeg
AE7DCD5A-7D32-4143-9D78-4093A372D400.jpeg

·
Registered
2003 Honda Hornet 919
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard!
Also, please be sure to post what you chased the wobbble away by doing.
Just today, I replaced the tires. Both tires were 16 years old, squirrelly as all get out. Front was cupped and the rear had bad warping. I rode real gentle on em because of their condition (you can see the white band of smooth tread in the middle) but today a buddy helped me spoon on some new ones and she’s stable as an anvil.

As to your question, Dial, I will be and have been completing work in stages.
Stage 1: Exhaust swap and Radiator Swap
Stage 2: Tire swap and Center stand Install, adding on some doodads like the missing bar ends. Blinkers may be replaced as well if some good looking ones come across my searches
Stage 3: Engine cover replacement on both sides, along with the missing bracket mounting to the exhaust. Ideally a new windshield comes with the covers
Stage 4: Gas tank replacement to rid the bike of that nasty rash
Stage 5: Fork replacements. My year was the last year made with absolutely no adjustability in the forks so I will be putting forks from a 2004 or later on

·
Registered
2003 Honda Hornet 919
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet plan! Take your time and enjoy the process!
That’s the plan! I brought a Speed Triple back to life after it was tucked under the bed of a pickup truck. These are all very minor items so it won’t be so intensive but I’m happy to have something to wrench on again

·
Wanna free cat?
564 Posts
Howdy and make yourself at home!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts