Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, and I did perform the all important search before posting.

Currently considering purchasing a 919. Not a huge fan of wind....I currently ride a Shadow spirit 750.

My question is if anyone has seen a 919 done up with full fairing (not just head lamp stuff)? I'd greatly appreciate any links and or pics that I could be pointed to.

Thanks,

-e

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appreciate it. Reason I'm not buying a super sport is due to surgery I had on my wrist. Too much beating off. Jk, no, but the surgery limits my ability to raise my fingers for the clutch when leaned over to far. I sat on a 919 and really liked it. They have one at a dealer ship 2007, 7k miles, one dent in Vegas tank, $4299.00

I was thinking of getting it instead of a ninja 650r. Anyone ridden both for a quick compare? (also searched for this)

·
Tyrone Shoelaces
273 Posts
Appreciate it. Reason I'm not buying a super sport is due to surgery I had on my wrist. Too much beating off. Jk, no, but the surgery limits my ability to raise my fingers for the clutch when leaned over to far. I sat on a 919 and really liked it. They have one at a dealer ship 2007, 7k miles, one dent in Vegas tank, $4299.00

I was thinking of getting it instead of a ninja 650r. Anyone ridden both for a quick compare? (also searched for this)
Get a VFR

·
McTavish
6,464 Posts
I'm new here, and I did perform the all important search before posting.

Currently considering purchasing a 919. Not a huge fan of wind....I currently ride a Shadow spirit 750.

My question is if anyone has seen a 919 done up with full fairing (not just head lamp stuff)? I'd greatly appreciate any links and or pics that I could be pointed to.

Thanks,

-e
An old school Vetter / Wind Jammer / etc is probably the ticket here.

·
Le So Cal Troll
5,766 Posts

might check out yamaha FZ1, or kawi Ninja 1000. Another person mentioned a VFR... a nice VFR 800 should do the trick as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
agree with the VFR. i have had a ninja 650r and loved it, great machine. borrowed a friends VFR for about a month and liked it too, lot of fun but not the gas mileage i was expecting, now i have the 919, i like it the best. The wind isnt that bad until you get to 100+, after that it becomes annoying but not terrible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts