Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2003 Honda 919 and love everything about the bike. The first thing I wanted to do was get rid of the big clunky turn signals and rear fender. The front turn signals went on easily and quickly; however, after installing the fender eliminator and rear signals I no longer have any rear lighting. I know I screwed something up in the process and as a novice I'm not sure what I did.

The fender eliminator was cheap and purchased from Ebay. Per the instructions I cut the turn signal and license plate light electrical wires and spliced them to the bike wires. Any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention that the front turn signals don't work either. All other electrical works including horn, front light, starter, dash, odometer. Everything worked perfectly before I cut the rear wires.

·
Survivor/Broken&Busted
628 Posts
if you cut em both at the same time with something metal and you did it while the key might've been ON you can short the wires together and blow a fuse or two ... check your fuse box first, if that's it then that's an easy fix for ya right there ... if not, well .... we'll move from there ... simplest stuff first :p lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!!

Thats exactly what it was - thanks! I'm an idiot for not thinking of that but at the time all I could think was "o sh!t, i'm not gonna be able to ride tomorrow"! This bike is awesome - totally diggin it and this web-site has consumed 70% of my work and free time since i found it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts