Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Il bambino e un cani
3,363 Posts
Hope it doesn't use much water...cause it will probably have to be distilled. You dump regular water in there and the mineral deposits will build up eventually and cause all kinds of problems. And it probably takes about half the energy this engine saves to distill the water at a factory...so the net energy savings is cut way down.

Then again....maybe it will work.
JohnnyB

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Definately interesting but is it really feasible?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dadogs said:
Definately interesting but is it really feasible?
I still remember the days that a "horse-less carriage" was not feasible and the internal combustion engine was a bomb waiting to go off.:smartass:

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
RC51_CBRXX said:
I still remember the days that a "horse-less carriage" was not feasible and the internal combustion engine was a bomb waiting to go off.:smartass:

Wow you're older than you're letting on!

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
As feasible as selling bottled water! :D

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
I've got a RO system that gets water close enough to not gumm it up... and that costs pennies.

Installing a full distilled system at a university lab in Milwaukee to... expensive.. but capacity is rather large!

I LIKE IT TOO!

Any wonder why they called it The Greatest Generation of our Time?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
BMW is actually working on a system that uses a steam hybrid drivetrain to add another 15 hp to a motor, and provides something like a 20% increase in highway and city mileage. The nice thing about it is that it never needs to have the water replaced, it has its own tiny little weather system. The bad thing is it weighs about 200 lbs.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Bock919 said:
BMW is actually working on a system that uses a steam hybrid drivetrain to add another 15 hp to a motor, and provides something like a 20% increase in highway and city mileage. The nice thing about it is that it never needs to have the water replaced, it has its own tiny little weather system. The bad thing is it weighs about 200 lbs.

Saw that in the new Car and Driver. Not a lot of power generated from the 2 condensors IMO.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Nah, pretty pathetic, I'd agree. However, the gains in economy are respectable considering the car weighs a good deal more than the Prius/Civic/Insight bunch.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
I have this great idea that we could drill for old dinasaur goo way down in the earth. Then we can refine it into refined dinasaur goo and make an engine that runs off of that, using a system with pistons compressing under the force of this flammable refined dinasaur goo. I will call it the internal cumbustion engine.

I'll be rich!!!!!

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Letter was from 1999... wonder how things have fluctuated since....

Why dont we just figure a way to drill from below the those arabs and steal their oil from beneath em?!

Now that would teach 'em...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.