WristTwisters.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just got an email saying everything is 50% off at dan-moto.com
I didn't see their rearsets for the 919 if they ever made them, but they still have plenty of exhausts for the 919 left! It's what I run on mine and I love the sound. Hope this helps someone!

·
Wannabe Mechanic
4 Posts
I have been looking to get a set of MK2's for my 919. I was wondering how you all liked the sound and build quality of the cans. I've heard of the carbon melting or cracking from the heat. Have you had any issues with that?

·
Kate Z
10 Posts

·
Wannabe Mechanic
4 Posts
That's good to hear that you haven't had any issues. They appear to be of good quality, so I was hoping for good news.

I wonder if Danmoto will put the MK2's back on their site. I do like the look of those pipes over the Carbon GP's, and I really don't want to spend over $300 that revzilla still has them listed for.

·
Kate Z
10 Posts
That's good to hear that you haven't had any issues. They appear to be of good quality, so I was hoping for good news.

I wonder if Danmoto will put the MK2's back on their site. I do like the look of those pipes over the Carbon GP's, and I really don't want to spend over $300 that revzilla still has them listed for.
I doubt DanMoto is going to make MK2s anymore. Here are some close ups of the MKs after 700 miles.

Attachments

·
Greg
42 Posts
I have the danmoto gp. I think they’re a great value. I like the tone of the exhaust, just wish they were a few decibels lower. I remember when they were new they weren’t that loud at all, around the 2k miles they got noticeably louder after breaking in. I installed the Danmoto baffles which were a waste of $ as they did nothing to dampen the loudness. I got different baffles from Amazon “Keenso universal 51mm DB killer,” these work better.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts