Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd guess to say that for over 10 years the Gillette Mach 3 razor has kept this rugged mug in fine condition. I love that razor, even dodging the Schick Quattro 4 blade allure we ran steady my Mach 3 and I through thick and thin hairs. Through goatees and miami vice stubble (don't ask) up through present day where I shave my entire head except eyebrows. Mach 3 has been my sword of choice.

Until today.

Walking through the pharmacy I see the uberhyped completely pimped out chrome and orange Gillette Fusion Power. Yes. Power, a AAA battery vibrates this little monkey to give a feeling of... well I don't know what the hell it's supposed to do. It vibrates and uh well ya know so it's better. Now this isn't a cheap row to hoe. The shaver is about $12.00 but the blades, don't drop the soap boys, are about $15.00 per 4 pack. YOWZER! Standing there in the shaving essential aisle I think... "time to unpimp ze razor" hehehehehe.
Quick math time - 2 packs of refills and the razor plus need some new shaving gel and face wash... over $50.00 to frickin shave??? I whip through razor blades like some people do underwear, about every 3 days it goes from new to toast so this isn't a cheap proposition. But I decide hey, with a nice bonus check who'd really care. So with trepidation I splurge.

Shower and lather (I shave in the shower, you don't? are you insane? try it, you'll thank me later) and with a bit of nervous anticipation I lay the blingmonster to my jowls and pull. I feel nothing. Huh? Swipe again, I feel nothing... must've left the blade guard on. Nope, it cut a clean swath through my 3 day face maze with no resistance. WOW! I quickly finish the face in about 70% the usual time and lather the head, the true test. ZIP BAM WHOOSH and the dome is chrome in record time.

If you're considering upgrading from a Mach 3 to the Fusion I say, be not afraid, risk more to soar higher and pursue your dreams of shaving nirvana. Lose those little razors of yesteryear and step up to the blingity future, it's so bright you'll have to wear shades.

G

·
+++++++++++1. I feel like there's me and then there's all the losers on earth who don't have this. Welcome to the awesome club.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Jet, you are quite the word-smith....Are you sure you don't actually work for Gilette? Now I have to go out and get one. By the way, I am anxiously awaiting to decals I ordered today. Thanks.

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
I had to quit at lathering the head...

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Good call Kev. I have the vibrating Mach Tres works great, even on my sensitive face. No stubble on the bikini line either... Being the semi-hairless asian wonder, I only go through a blade every 2-wks.

Now I'm looking to run out of the next 8 blades to try the Mach 5.

I found the Blades for both are much cheaper at Costco. But, you need to buy like 16 at a wack. The Nivea face wash and shaving gel are also excellent for the price. This new "Guy Gear" stuff our is also very good, but $$$.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Used to shave in the shower, don't anymore. Splashing hot water on my face before brushing my teeth usually softens it up enough for me not to care.

What kind of mirror do you use that doesn't fog up?

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't use a mirror. All by feel.
But I've seen some cool ones that tie into the nozzle head and circulate water behind the mirror surface and they don't fog.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
I change my underwear every 2-3 months, so this blade should last for a long time by your comparison.

I shave daily and it sucks poopcicles. I just need to find a hair inhibitor... and then put it in a friends shampoo.

·
Registered
465 Posts
uhh thanks for the review? I currently use the lady's Quatrro and have been very happy with my 4 blades LOL but this maybe something to try to make shaving a lot quicker until I can afford laser hair removal :D

I have always wondered if that battery run razor would work..but guess it does, wonder why it is so expensive though(blades and all) :blink:

·
Registered
417 Posts
RSixxy said:
uhh thanks for the review? I currently use the lady's Quatrro and have been very happy with my 4 blades LOL but this maybe something to try to make shaving a lot quicker until I can afford laser hair removal :D
:detective: This post is useless without pics!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
jetblast10 said:
Yes. Power, a AAA battery vibrates this little monkey to give a feeling of... well I don't know what the hell it's supposed to do.
I could tell you what it's supposed to do and then noticed it's AAA, not enough power...............

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
I'm running a jungle down there since the wife doesn't like it when I shave the stick and adjacent areas... Don't have enough facial hair to spring for a Mach 5 so an electric razor does the job.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Its supposed to vibrate the hairs and make them stand up so your shave is closer. Kinda like giving you goosebumps (almost)

·
Living the dream
1,246 Posts
Shower shave as well. My mirror plays tunes also.

I have thought of getting the new pimp razor but I keep thinking of The Onion piece that ripped on this. "let's put on 8 blades"!! When will the madness stop?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
TLR_Nate said:
Shower shave as well. My mirror plays tunes also.

I have thought of getting the new pimp razor but I keep thinking of The Onion piece that ripped on this. "let's put on 8 blades"!! When will the madness stop?
Either that or the Bob and Tom bit about the Decapitator, "The last shave you'll ever need!"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts