Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see reference to some of the mileage members have on their 919's. If you have more than 30,000 miles (approx. 48,000 km) post up your numbers. If you know stories of former WT member racking up miles, post them too.

I would also be interested in hearing if there are any wear items to be watchful for and when to watch out for them. Everyone says we have bikes that keep on ticking. For how long?

I've only got 12,000 on mine, so I'm disqualified.

·
Super Moderator
11,223 Posts
37,000 miles-

A couple of shims required at the 32K valve check
Wheel bearing at 37K
Chain replaced at 24K
Brake pad replaced at 31K

Other than that gas n oil:thumbup:

·
MSF blacksheep
721 Posts
45,486 miles :)

Same wheel bearing as previously mentioned
no valves needed yet
Through second chain already
Brakes pads
the normal stuff

·
Sold!!
63 Posts
11,xxx On my 919 but have put on roughly 52,000 on street bikes + who knows on dirtbikes growing up.

I think it is pretty amazing how many miles the 919 takes with minimum maintenance! The 919 is a marvel!

·
yzarc mi os
883 Posts
thanks to an incident with a van i didn't have a gauge cluster for a year ad a half. I calculate on the low ball that i put 24,000 miles on it during that time that was just taking it to work and back not pleasure and the other things i did. it had 1400 when the gauges got lost the new ODO shows just under 9000 i put those on in December this year. Would worry about it but I'll run it into the ground like every thing else i own. it'll be a while but I haven't sold a vehicle yet scrapped a few but haven't sold one.

there's at least 30k but probably closer to 40k I take the bike whenever i can . Ifi have to purchase or pick up a large item in the truck or van i will find everything else i can't get on the bike and do it that day also. I also buy groceries either in bulk or small enough for a pillion bag. or in bacons case i stuff it in my jacket in a bag of course feels good on a hot day.

·
Tirone shoelaces
744 Posts
27,xxx miles as of today.
I'll be over 30,000 by the end of August.

I typically put ~1,000 miles a month on the bike.

ETA:
Add 980 miles to that.
I went almost a month with a bad speed sensor, so I have 28,000 - 29,000 miles on the bike.
30,000 will come before the end of July.

·
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus
3,802 Posts
152K kms. On my third set of bearings front and rear. Forth chain. Third set of pads front and rear. Replaced the front brake switch that stopped working. (All bikes use the same one Harley included). Forth headlight bulb. Third set of spark plugs. Changed 2 valve shims at 85k kms. Lots of fuel and oil.

Original equipment includes

-battery :idunno:
-FPR
-stator
-head bearings
-swing-arm bearings
-water pump
-all fuses

·
Old, Bold rider
2002 Honda 919, 1976 Yamaha XT500 cafe, TC-JAG TZ250
2,480 Posts
67,822 miles on my '02.

Two chains, four sprockets
Plugs at 47,000 miles
One battery
Front brake pads pads every 12,000 miles like clockwork
Five rear tires
Six front tires
Rear wheel bearings at 46,000 miles
Roughly 1,650 gallons of fuel

Lifetime mileage? Haven't figured it lately but the last time I did it was over 750,000 miles on two wheels.

Rob

·
Dead Wrong
383 Posts
31300m here.
Wasted 2 chain & sprocket set other than the OEM that came with the bike.
No problem with the pistons or valves.
Some rust in few screws but I changed all of it.
No problem with the bearings.
Changed the brake pads 3 times.
I change plugs at every 15k.
Still has oem battery in it...

·
duc duc GOOSE!
946 Posts
about 33k here, but the previous owner did 29k of those : /

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
:blink: I'm almost at 20k (so I guess I don't really qualify for this thread) but I'm going to post anyway!

The Green Meanie sat outside for a few years before I bought it. She has new fork seals, is on her 2nd chain, and 2nd set of wheels. I'm pretty sure the only thing that she would have needed at this point would have been wheels due to age alone had she not been left outside. I'll let you know about valve shims if I ever get a roundtoit.

·
Why's everything on fire?
2,361 Posts
I got mine back into service about a month ago after fixing all the ruination caused by an idiot prior owner, initial mileage 48.8K miles.

I just clicked over 50,000 today.

Sadly, because of my idiot previous owner I cannot comment on general wear items as he apparently did his best to ruin the bike, such as installing six quarts of oil, greasing the front brake pads, putting an underspec chain on and more. Keep in mind this guy abused it pretty badly and it just kept going.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
I'm not nekkid, nor am I Honda but my 10R Ninja 2004 is north of 48,000 mile.

·
Registered
428 Posts
35,000 miles on my 02. Chain/sprockets, brake pads and lot of gas and oil. Also one headlight, and lots of tail lights. Anybody else chew through tail lights quickly?

1 - 20 of 276 Posts