Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I still don't think there is any conceivable way that they didn't know about this from the get-go. I mean, the ECU knows the RPM, so does the dyno. How do you just get that wrong by accident? German car manufacturers tend to pump up speedo readings to make it seem like your car is faster, Yamaha is now going it with the tach instead.
I'm glad they fixed it, but I still have a hard time believing it was an accident. Kudos to them for owning up and fixing it, but is anyone actually going to return their bike because the tach is off by 9%?

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,658 Posts
Ya, that's a straight up thing to do. But I agree, it smells fishy. The developers and designers are always gonna know their products and between fact and fancy are the marketing folks. A new, accurate tach would be nice. I do not think many will take Yamaha up on their offer. Afterall, it is still a 16KRPM stick of dyn-o-mite! It's a sweet piece of candy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
WTFreak cares??? The bike still rips and is awesome looking to boot! Some people crack me the hell up like they really needed that extra 1300-1500 rpm.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
That's the whole point, man. You don't need it, BUT Yammie claimed it has a crazy, stratospheric redline that it doesn't have. It is still a simply amazing bike, the issue is the marketing d-bags working at Yamaha. Its all about accountability.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Bock919 said:
German car manufacturers tend to pump up speedo readings to make it seem like your car is faster, QUOTE]

You mean I'm not really doing 140mph through the parking lot? :p

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Ha, I love it when people do that stuff on Ebay. I like the dog pissing on the post in the second pic.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Great marketing ploy on Yamaha! They will be selling more Yamahas because of this, at least I think. I mean who really does buybacks? It's very brilliant! kudos to them.

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
it gets a bit murkier

Seems like some 175000 charts are slipping out from proto bikes that were given to AM parts builders. Could be just a wire or two to snip or jump.

Or another internet hoax,,,,,,,,

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
MetallicCarrot said:
errr... I think you mean 17500.

Nah, 175000 is the rumored '07 models redline...

G

·
How could a company with the massive research and development resources like Yamaha make such a mistake? The bike still rips of course but I still call bull**** on this supposed "oversight" from Yamaha. That company is too on top of it to claim such an error.

And why the hell is it rain and snowing in Santa Cruz! Sheesh! Thankfully there's my YZ250F to ride...........

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
fonseca said:
How could a company with the massive research and development resources like Yamaha make such a mistake? The bike still rips of course but I still call bull**** on this supposed "oversight" from Yamaha. That company is too on top of it to claim such an error.

And why the hell is it rain and snowing in Santa Cruz! Sheesh! Thankfully there's my YZ250F to ride...........

Well, clearly they are poopheads.

G

·
When did this letter come out. Am I crazy (don't answer that) or is this a joke. The date that an owner must respond by is March 2006!:001_unsure: Wouldn't most '06 bikes be purchased after this date?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts