Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally06/
July 2-23, 2006 Burlington, VT

Greyhound and I were posting about this event but we lost those posts when the dbase got wiped out. I'd love to go to this, from Tampa it'd definitely be the longest ride I've ever done and just the adventure of it all is appealing.

Need to start firming up some lodging plans, vacation time requests, etc.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Vermont in July... definately recommend it.
Rt. 100 is a nice ride... northern end is literally 5-10 m.p.h. corners w/ 200' cliffs.

Too bad it's not till July... "Americade" is first weekend June in Lake George, NY (Burlington is about an hr.-hr.1/2 away) & usually draws 70k+ bikes.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*PING* Tom!! Talk to me Goose. You already have this planned out? Should I pick up a comm device? I'll put the stock exhaust and windscreen/handguards back on for this long trek.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kevin...I need to talk to my buddy in Atlanta with the GS and see what his plans are. Have you been to the BMWMOA web site to read the rally information? Check it out. www.bmwmoa.org. Quite frankly the worst part of going to the Beemer rally every year is the heat!! July is not the greatest month of the year for a long tour, unless it is out west where it gets cool in the mountains.

To answer your question...I haven't made any plans. Most times I don't. We stop when we stop and I have never had a problem finding a hotel. The route planning is the biggest thing. With the amount of time it will take to go up and back...we'll probably need to do a lot of Interstate going and coming and do our back road touring once we get to the New England area. I lived up there for about 6 years so I have a good idea of the places to ride.

I'll talk to my buddy Jack over the week end and let you know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.