Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, who has ever raced, owned or rode one these bikes, either the 12 or the 9 and can tell me anything they know about it?

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
I used to have a 2000 Buell S3T but never rode one of the redesigned models. I have pretty strong opinions on my old Buell but it'd be unfair for me to comment on the newer pieces of shyt.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Rode both @ Americade.
Nice seating position, handles well, stops on a dime,torquey, just plain all around fun. The 12 will pull the front wheel in 2nd w/ no problem :D Did I mention it stops on a dime? It's comparible to the 919.

Except for... when rode the 9 the seat had little to no padding. Last year rode the 12, seat padding much better, but shifting took some leg work. According to mechanic @ NYC show (last month) they now have revamped the tranny. Less effort required to shift. Only other complait would be getting use to HOT frame that your legs touch when sitting at a light, and being careful when you put your feet down b/c of exhaust.

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
Try to Track down Art Diaz in Pennsylvania. He is around the boards from time to time. He has raced them for a couple of years now and wins on them. But he used to win on R6s too. I don't know if the bike is fast, but he is.

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
Having ridden both also (alongside h_ryder), I'd say I would never consider an '04 for the street... Hate, hate, hate the transmission in stop and go traffic!

But for track only, I could see the 12 being a lot of fun.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reason why I'm asking is that I maybe racing one this season and I really don't know much about the bike. I know lots about the jap crap but hardly anything about the American bikes.

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
Sweet!!! I don't think you should worry about it with your experience. A couple hours on the track to figure out the suspension, position and power delivery and you're golden. They've got forks up front, a shock for the back, disc brakes, an engine and two wheels. The concepts are all the same, just executed a little different. Good luck.

And I hate you for how tough you've got it.....;)

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
If your paying for the bike... you can do better for the money!

If its a free ride, the shut the f*ck up and take the ride.

I have ridden several of the Buell line of bikes... buddy was engineer there, and a butt load of guys I used to ride with had several. They lofted the front too easily for me... I hated how they vibrated, seemed a little stiff on the springs, tranny was horrible, and it was a tall machine I recall....

Who knows about the 04 though... could have straightened things out?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The bike comes with the team, I don't have much choice but to "shut the f*ck up and take the ride" as midwest so eloquently put it! Figures why I have such a potty mouth, it's all you damn men, f*ckin c*ck-suckin' SOB'S!

Plus I get to race in two classes, women's and the "Thunder Run" which is only v-twins and all men!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts