Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Third bike here, this is my first time getting one of these CB919's. I like it a lot, except that the speedo is off by wayyy too much. I ran my phone using GPS vs the speedo on the bike and its around 10% off. The bike reads high. I counted the teeth on the sprockets and its 16 front and 43 rear. I read that is stock. I checked the tire sizes, they are stock. Why the hell is the speedo off by so much? Really annoys me. I like everything to be perfect. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well i just read that these bikes do that. But the odometer is right then? Thats really messed up. Honda shouldnt do that, sounds like a law suit. Surprised there wasnt one yet. Id like to know what speed im going instead of having to guess the speed in my head. And since i have a few people's attention, there is a plug under my seat that is not connected to anything. Just wondering what should be there.

On another side note the bike came with a corbin seat.. Id honestly rather have a stock seat. Anyone want to trade and throw in like 150$? Thing is 450$ new.

·
Super Moderator
11,211 Posts
The plug under the seat not connected to anything is probably the diagnostic port. You put a jumper in it for diagnosing Fuel Injection error codes.

+1 on what PV said. 17/44 sprockets will make the speedo more accurate and much less buzzy at highway speeds. Also much cheaper than a lawsuit. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol alright. Thanks guys. Makes sense about the diagnostic port. Its only a 2 prong plug though. I have a pic of it
here.

·
Super Moderator
4,533 Posts
Well i just read that these bikes do that. But the odometer is right then? Thats really messed up. Honda shouldnt do that, sounds like a law suit. Surprised there wasnt one yet.

All Japanese bikes have optimistic speedo's - if the speedo is reading higher than you are actually traveling then you are not going to get a ticket for speeding when you are doing the suggested speed limit according to the Speedo.

The odometer on the other hand is a touchy subject with a lot of different areas of the law and falsely reporting or altering the accuracy of the odometer can be construed as fraud and highly illegal in most cases which is why it remains accurate regardless of the inherent speedometer error.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys. Third bike here, this is my first time getting one of these CB919's. I like it a lot, except that the speedo is off by wayyy too much. I ran my phone using GPS vs the speedo on the bike and its around 10% off. The bike reads high. I counted the teeth on the sprockets and its 16 front and 43 rear. I read that is stock. I checked the tire sizes, they are stock. Why the hell is the speedo off by so much? Really annoys me. I like everything to be perfect. Thanks.
Comparing my speed with the others on a road trip has revealed my 919 speedo is reading 80km/h while the others are reading 90km/h.

From the suggestions in this thread, I’ll check sprockets and tyres

·
Registered
116 Posts
Comparing my speed with the others on a road trip has revealed my 919 speedo is reading 80km/h while the others are reading 90km/h.

From the suggestions in this thread, I’ll check sprockets and tyres
A friend of mine used a speedo healer on his m109r and said it worked great. I just looked it up and they do list one for the 919.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have a Speedo Healer on my 919 and it works perfectly.
Too bad there isn't a Tacho Healer!
tacho healer? what is that?

also, the 17/44 kit doesn't correct the speedo nearly as much as I thought it would. instead of being 10% off, its like, 7-8% off. I mean, it's only a small gearing change

·
McTavish
6,346 Posts
These Healtech Speedo Healer Version 4 Kit https://www.ebay.com.au/i/302417302508?chn=ps

Claims to fix the tacho as well as the speedo, is that possible?
I've had a V4 version on my bike for many years.
It works by doctoring the output of the gearbox mounted Speed Sensor.
It had no facility for correcting tacho error.
It sure did a nice job of correcting my speedo error, and the "highest speed save" feature is nice to have for track days - or if you let someone try your bike under certain, ahem, "guidelines".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well i just read that these bikes do that. But the odometer is right then? Thats really messed up. Honda shouldnt do that, sounds like a law suit. Surprised there wasnt one yet. Id like to know what speed im going instead of having to guess the speed in my head. And since i have a few people's attention, there is a plug under my seat that is not connected to anything. Just wondering what should be there.

On another side note the bike came with a corbin seat.. Id honestly rather have a stock seat. Anyone want to trade and throw in like 150$? Thing is 450$ new.
you still have that corbin seat?

·
GLG-20
1,384 Posts
Long gone:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts