Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
919 Rider
2,912 Posts
I’m thinking failed FPR. Check the vacuum hoses running from FPR to throttle bodies 2 and 3 for fuel. Also check plugs 2 and 3. See if they are wet. Maybe check plug 1 for comparison.

·
919 Rider
2,912 Posts
Yep, I’d expect some engine damage. If it was wash down in cylinders 2 and 3 I’d be looking for bore damage. A compression test may be in order.

·
McTavish
6,491 Posts
Yep, I’d expect some engine damage. If it was wash down in cylinders 2 and 3 I’d be looking for bore damage. A compression test may be in order.
I decided not to post as to how to do a qualitative assessment of how much gasoline is in the sump oil. Someone might try it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Before cranking the wing one over for a compression test, it would recommend taking the injectors out, leave them plugged in and run the pump by cycling the key to see if an injector is held open. If yes, then unplug it and look for a change. This will tell if the injector is stuck open or if the computer is holding it open. I had this happen to me in my truck, both situation simultaneously. Drove me crazy.
Next, drain the oil and refill with fresh and squirt some into the spark plug holes before doing your compression test. No need spinning it any more than necessary knowing the rings are dry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts