Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
A moment of silence please.....

And now a bitch-slap to the groin.....b/c one should never sell an RC-51 unless one vows to replace it.....so sayeth Confucious

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kevin, I sold my RC51 I have had since it was a baby.

My adopted RC that was once your RC, sits in my garage and is awaiting a new airbox.

The deal did go down. Chris drove 4 hours from DC to my place to check it out, ride it, look it over one more time and then pay for it. The good news is that I am very happy it is getting bought for the purpose of street and track use. He is replacing an S2 with it.

My garage looks way too bare. I am trying to really convince myself cruisers are whare it is at. But Bob Rikemans bike is still for sale and who doesn't want a full Ohlins RC 51?

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are no help big T.

My recent experience... Sportbikes are not fun to run tasks. For example, the 50 mile drive to my parents, all straight. Ont he RC and RR, no fun.
I found back road alternatives, fun, but blind corners and farm equipment... Not safe. I tried just slowing down, and had no fun whatsoever.

My desire for a cruiser is as strong as my desire to continue riding on public streets. Unlike some others, I do not want to go TRACK only. People have already suggested and FZ1, FZ6, or something of the like. I had a Bandit 600 and had not problems sliding it in a corner. So that won't solve my problem.

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The XX does nothing for me at all. It ranks up there in the "WTF was Honda thinking?" for me.

The interceptor would be nice, but I still think a little too sporty for my liking. If I am going to have anything to do with sport, i would just go all out and get another sportbike.

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
naked bikes rule

did i mention i'm shoppin for a street/track fiddyone?

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You did not mention that.

Too bad, Chris did mention it and he got a track prepped street bike with Track and street bodywork...

He got everything but the suspension.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,607 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

If at all humanly possible, I suggest a cruiser (maybe a Victory Vegas) and a Suzuki 400 SM, because you should have both at this juncture in your life.
So sayeth he whos knowledge and insight comes from a place that is pretty confusing most of the time, but at this time, there is no confusion.

·
Twisted Wrister
985 Posts
I purchased the black DRZ-400 SM couple weeks ago for around town. Run here and there type o riding. Lotta fun to beat around on. Not so good for a long run........Could use more power, but we always want more. It's fun to challange the bike and myself in a differant way.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I could never have strictly a cruiser, I would go insane! Now if I could have both or even wanted both a cruiser and a sportbike, then maybe that would work.

Went to a Suzuki dealership on Friday and there was a used 2004 gixxer750 that had been traded in for a cruiser bike. The guy came back with the cruiser bike which was now on sale there to trade it in for a 2006 gixxer1 cause he couldn't stand it anymore.

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
noone should have to one just one bike...course if you do, Naked Bikes RULE!!! near standard ergos, sportbike-like performance...yeah uh huh

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
hondaf4iguy said:
You did not mention that. .
no worries, sounds like it got a good home... i just started lookin in the last couple weeks...saw your deal as well as 130gunners on rogue and another on speedzilla

i've got about $3500 together so far, another grand and i can actually talk to people about buying...i would have bugged ya if i had more $$ ready to go right now

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
I forgot you still had one in the garage....sorry to chastise you so.....

And, I forgot you were hunting for a new bike........did anyone mention V-max? Comfy, credible, fast......it's days are numbered, but is a legend on 2 wheels........

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,607 Posts
AMERAV, nice to here from you again.
We must get together for some tea and freekin humor and wild pics and posts:D

·
Twisted Wrister
985 Posts
Hell Ya! Good to hear from you Bigdaa! Happy birthday btw! Was wondering when some one would find you. Ya know, years of humor with you has made many days go better. I now have a six month old little girl. You have shared stories of your boys that I now understand as a father. It's a kick in the ass. I purchased her a used XR-50 last week. I respect JB and this forum for it's moral type values.......................................................................

............but can't we set up a password safe area for some smut?!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts