Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is what it has come down to basically, do I stay with Honda or should I pick up a Yamaha? I'm torn between the 1000RR and the R1, finally decided that I don't need a 3rd 600 but I'll change it up by adding a litre bike. Plus after checking with insurance, it will only be another $250 a year to insure a 1000cc bike.

I've rode both bikes this past season including a gixxer1 which I didn't like at all. Both the 1000RR and R1 were great bikes to ride, smooth acceleration and handled suprisingly good. The R1 did feel a little better both in comfort and cornering but it could have been set up better then the 1000RR.

So being the typical woman, I can't make up my friggin' mind which one to get!

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
This is a "no brainer" R1, R1, and yes R1
My reasons are simple even if the performance is basically the same the R1 is one sexy machine. What colors do you like?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well both F4i's are black, the F150 is black and the RSX is black, it's safe to say I'll go with black or as they call it, raven.

So your only reason for picking the R1 is cause it's "one sexy machine"?
I've had experience with the reliability of the Honda's but haven't have much experience with any Yamaha's. If I pick up a Yamaha, I want to make sure that I'm getting a bike that will be just as reliable as my Honda's have been.

·
Enormous member
232 Posts
If you're concerned about the reliability of the R1, rest your mind. I have four Yamahas, and they are all very reliable. The older ones are a little quirky, but they've never let me down.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Reliability plays a very important role no just "sexy" I owned the original R6 for 5 years and never had a ounce of trouble.

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
I have to vote RR. I honestly think it's better looking than the R1. Especially now with the even tighter bodywork. Plus you did say you liked the HESD.

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
Sporty you trying to copy me?

I am in the same boat. Need a new race bike and had decided on the R1 but the Honda looks new and improved.

talked about here on this thread

http://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1033#post1033

I really think it is going to boil down to $$$ for me since I wont be able to use all the power anyway at the 2 tracks on which I race. They both seem to handle great and there is a but load of aftermarket stuff for both. Yamaha I beleive is just as reliable as the Honda but maybe the fit and finish are just a smidgen behind.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Evad101 said:
Sporty you trying to copy me?

I am in the same boat. Need a new race bike and had decided on the R1 but the Honda looks new and improved.

talked about here on this thread

http://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1033#post1033

I really think it is going to boil down to $$$ for me since I wont be able to use all the power anyway at the 2 tracks on which I race. They both seem to handle great and there is a but load of aftermarket stuff for both. Yamaha I beleive is just as reliable as the Honda but maybe the fit and finish are just a smidgen behind.
I wanna be just like you!!

The R1's here are actually cheaper then the 1000RR's!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sporty what didnt you like about the Gixxer1 (pls be kind and dont rip my heart out because I own one). Both R1 and RR have been updated but RR more so but the Gix1 still has big weight/torque/HP advantage, with better chassis/brakes/suspension and handling. How about the '06 Gix750 ?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Sporty, this is just me. If I were you I would get rid of a 600 and get the new R6 (just one spectacular machine) and then get a Supermotard or a sport-touring machine.

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Sporty - If you are buying right now, I say go with the R1 or new R6. They are great bikes. I am not impressed with the CBR... If you can wait till '07, my understanding is that Honda will be trying to make a major come back.

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
SportyChick said:
I wanna be just like you!!

The R1's here are actually cheaper then the 1000RR's!
Everyone does! :cool:

Here in the good ole' US its

$11,299 MSRP for the CBR1000RR in Red

&

$11,299 MSRP for the R1 in Blue

...but a local dealer said he would deal on the CBR since they dont move as weel as the R1's. No budging on the R1's here.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't get rid of my 600's, I've grown attached to them, especially my street one. Plus the street one has over 50,000 kms on it and I don't think I would get much for it, so what's the point.

Trunorth, there's nothing with the gixxer1, still a great bike. I took the bike through the ramps and it just felt too twitchy. The bike is a whole lotta power and it just feels more stable when you've got it pegged at higher RPM's which is harder to do on the street. The R1 and 1000RR just felt like it had "friendlier" power. Plus the gixxer1 is just a wheelie machine! One of the guys that I ride with at 220km/h going down the highway will bounce on the front and pull the damn bike up, damn squid! ;)

I can't wait another year, I want a new bike NOWWWW!
The street F4i is getting tired, she's leaking oil from somewhere, have to take her apart when it gets warmer. I'm hoping it's the CCT, possibly the seal gone on it, who knows, it looks like it's coming from there. I've been riding the F4i for 5 seasons now and I honestly thought I was going to blow it up in Deal's Gap. I was the only 600 there out of 13 bikes and I had her pegged most of the time just to keep up, rode the crap out of her! Especially on the long sweepers going through Cherohola Skyway, wasn't too bad going through the Dragon.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Buy a 636. I've kept up with piped 954's and R1's in a side by side roll on. Plus insurance is cheaper! Wonderful at the track also.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Oh they will also pass a piped 996 duc. (I admit I used the slipstream a bit to start to catch him on the massive 1 mile front straight, but I pulled out and passed him!)

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Is it just me or does the Honda look really really long, especially from the seat to the grips. With that said, if you get the R1, buy an extra tranny for a spare. Oh shut up! You know Yamaha had problems with them, they even acknowledged it.

If my memory serves me right, I think the R1 has some massive engine braking over the Honda. Not sure if that's a good thing to you or not. I kind of like it but it can be a mess if you aren't smooth in a corner. Hey look, I'm rambling now...

What did you want to use it for mainly anyways?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts